Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Think that is most people’s team tbh. It kind of picks itself. 

Unpopular opinion. Start Ramsey over Hourihane. 

shia labeouf inspiration GIF by GQ

dunno, thought someone would at least call me out for not having The Welsh Maldini and the Dutch Pele on the bench....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Newcastle already won and Palace.

It's important to get off to a good start. We remember that from last season.

Not fun having to play catch up. We can't let the likes of Newcastle and Palace sail away from us.

Short sighted approach to a football season, a good start can build confidence but the only reason we are in this division is because of a late run of good results at the end of the season. Playing catch up is not ideal making the first game out to be vital is bollox. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, smg said:

Short sighted approach to a football season, a good start can build confidence but the only reason we are in this division is because of a late run of good results at the end of the season. Playing catch up is not ideal making the first game out to be vital is bollox. 

You say that but after we lost our opening games last season it was a constant struggle of catch up and we never got out of the bottom 5 because of how hard it is to get a good run together in this league.

We cannot allow Newcastle and Palace drift away from us.

Emi

Fred     Konza     Mings     Targs

Dougie

SJM                 Connor

Bert           Ollie            Jack

Don't think all 4 newbies go straight in but Emi and Ollie pick themselves and for me we have nothing to lose by playing Traore over Trez and AEG.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

You say that but after we lost our opening games last season it was a constant struggle of catch up and we never got out of the bottom 5 because of how hard it is to get a good run together in this league.

We cannot allow Newcastle and Palace drift away from us.

We did get out of the bottom five, we were up to 11th at one point, I think it was after our back to back wins against Norwich and Brighton. That was very brief in 11th place though, and I agree that it was a constant struggle of catch up until that week. Also we quickly fell back into the bottom five soon after. Yes, getting off to a good start is important !

19 hours ago, robby b said:

Quote: Just remembered how much hatred I have for Aston Villa

Not even going to read that. Awful fanbase.

Quite some arrogance for a team that only avoided relegation because their keeper is a cheat.

God I hope we smash the arrogant **** rocket polishers. Despise that club

Yeah, totally understandable that this Sheffield United fan hates us evil Villa fans. Not disproportionate at all. Abu Hamza, Ted Bundy, Saddam Hussein, Aston Villa supporters... all the same.

They are a bunch of neanderthals on there, remind me very much of the tools on Molineux Mix. Probably the sort of people that voted for Brexit.

I take their point that we escaped relegation narrowly, but we had an extremely disappointing season. They had a season much better than expected (most had them to go down in 20th IIRC) and had their highest finish for as long as I've followed football I don't want to harp on about the past, but many of them forget that finishing top half is nothing new to a club like us and narrowly avoiding relegation, even under the shambles of an owner like Randy Lerner, was seen as failure. We now have wealthy owners who are willing to invest to move the club forward and have again put in a lot of money this summer. They expect to see results, or the manager will face a lot of pressure. 

Personally, I think it will be a tough game and we will have to work hard for victory. But equally anything less than a win will be hard to take especially considering they have lost their last five in a row and we showed good form at the back end of last season.

Given their comments (which are much more aggressive and condescending than any of ours) I hope we effing stuff them. Need revenge over the last 2 humiliating defeats at their place. 

6 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm actually inclined to play Ramsey over Hourihane as well. It's probably naive, but I just don't rate Hourihane. 

I agree with you, except for the fact that you don’t rate Hourihane. For me, he’s been a good servant for the club 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just want us to come out of the traps and be quick to the ball, pick up the second balls and secure the initiative.....just amongst many other things.

do that and we have a chance to secure points.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TRO said:

As for the comments about Brexit, I have no idea what the relevance is to opposing fans who harbour nothing but hate for us.

You may have chosen to stay in the EU..but to compare brexiteers with hate driven opposing supporters baffles me.

you make some really good points on football.....stick to that.

I realise Brexit is a contentious issue and apologise for any offence caused, if indeed I did. I think it has destroyed the country but that's down to David Cameron and for another topic of conversation. Some of the tone and language the Sheff U fans use was scarily similar to what I had seen on Twitter re the EU post referendum, however. But my comment was made more in jest than to be taken seriously.

I actually think if you look over the comments on this thread there is absolutely nothing said about Sheff U that is derogatory in any way. It just makes their retaliatory comments even more unjustified and repulsive and angers me.