Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

I think Sheff U will struggle this season and anything less than 3 points is disappointing.

I think the game will tell us a lot about the season – win and get off to a good start and hopefully that momentum pushes us on to have a good season. Anything else and we could struggle again.

If we pull off our reported targets in time we could line up like:

…………..…….…Martinez……………………

Cash/Fred….Konsa….Mings….Targett

…………….…Luiz………..SJM……………….

Traore…………….Jack……………Rashica

……………………..Watkins…………………..

Looks a strong enough team to win. However, Rashica looks unlikely as keeps going round in circles and we’ll be hard pushed to get Traore sorted by then too. So unfortunately could see Hourihane and Trez in the line up again. 

Hope to see this team:

....................Martinez......................

Elmo......Konsa.......Mings..........Targett

...........................Luiz...............................

..................McGinn..Hourihane.............

Trezeguet............Watkins............Grealish

Reasoning being i don't think Cash is quite ready yet. Elmo will as always do a decent job and it's massively important to get off to a good start.

Yes we might sign some players in the coming days before the game kicks off but i highly doubt they would go straight into the team on such short notice. 

I hope we are really up for this. They've out fought us probably every time since we've come up against them in recent years and that isn't good enough. Wilder making a sly dig also about the fee we paid for Watkins. Their fans got more upset about us staying up than Bournemouth or Watford did. Oh and goal that wasn't given kept us up, apparently. Hope we proper stuff em.

22 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

So unfortunately could see Hourihane and Trez in the line up again. 

I don't think it's unfortunate.

Both are still very good players to have at this level and if it means they get more game time and continue to do a job for us until more reinforcements arrive then that's fine by me.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't think it's unfortunate.

Both are still very good players to have at this level and if it means they get more game time and continue to do a job for us until more reinforcements arrive then that's fine by me.

Very good players is strong to say the least. Decent squad players no more no less I'd say. And I say that as someone who likes Conor and Trez and has defended them in the past. Don't want to see either sold, but at the same time I don't want to see them in the starting 11 much, because if they are in there it means we haven't strengthened as we should have done and will probably be battling it out down the bottom again. 

20 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Very good players is strong to say the least. Decent squad players no more no less I'd say. And I say that as someone who likes Conor and Trez and has defended them in the past. Don't want to see either sold, but at the same time I don't want to see them in the starting 11 much, because if they are in there it means we haven't strengthened as we should have done and will probably be battling it out down the bottom again. 

Thing is are Trezeguet and Hourihane better players than the likes of some of those featuring for our next opponent Sheff. Utd? 

Personally i'd say yes and hopefully we have enough to beat them; this is why the likes of these two can play against certain teams.

However I do also understand we should not just presume we will beat these teams.

8 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4050289

If our aim for the season is acquire 114 points then yes I agree.

Newcastle already won and Palace.

It's important to get off to a good start. We remember that from last season.

Not fun having to play catch up. We can't let the likes of Newcastle and Palace sail away from us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Newcastle already won and Palace.

It's important to get off to a good start. We remember that from last season.

Not fun having to play catch up. We can't let the likes of Newcastle and Palace sail away from us.

Not fun =/= absolute necessary to avoid

Not fun = a little annoying / non-preferable outcome

Another set of fans who hates us :D 

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/pre-match-view-from-villa.82263/

Just remembered how much hatred I have for Aston Villa

Not even going to read that. Awful fanbase.

Quite some arrogance for a team that only avoided relegation because their keeper is a cheat.

God I hope we smash the arrogant **** rocket polishers. Despise that club.

• Haha 2

Since we got cheated and lost our heads against United, I think im right in saying we’re unbeaten:

Aston Villa 2-0 Crystal Palace (pl)

Everton 1-1 Aston Villa (pl)

Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal (pl)

West Ham 1-1 Aston Villa (pl)

Wycombe 1-3 Aston Villa (f)

Bristol City 1-1 Aston Villa (f)

Arsenal 2-3 Aston Villa (f)

Aston Villa 1-0 Man Utd (f)

Burton 1-3 Aston Villa (lc)

A noice clean sheet and Ollie Watkins double please. 2-0 and some momentum to carry forward.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Quote: Just remembered how much hatred I have for Aston Villa

Not even going to read that. Awful fanbase.

Quite some arrogance for a team that only avoided relegation because their keeper is a cheat.

God I hope we smash the arrogant **** rocket polishers. Despise that club

Yeah, totally understandable that this Sheffield United fan hates us evil Villa fans. Not disproportionate at all. Abu Hamza, Ted Bundy, Saddam Hussein, Aston Villa supporters... all the same.

• Like 2

Really hoped we would get antoher signing over line in time for this game, but oh wells.

I would go like this:

Team: Martinez, Targett, Mings, Konsa, Cash, Luiz, McGinn, Hourihane, Grealish, Watkins, Trez.

Subs: Steer, Hause, Guilbert, Nakamba, Jota, Davis, Samatta.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Really hoped we would get antoher signing over line in time for this game, but oh wells.

I would go like this:

Team: Martinez, Targett, Mings, Konsa, Cash, Luiz, McGinn, Hourihane, Grealish, Watkins, Trez.

Subs: Steer, Hause, Guilbert, Nakamba, Jota, Davis, Samatta.

Think that is most people’s team tbh. It kind of picks itself. 

Unpopular opinion. Start Ramsey over Hourihane. 

shia labeouf inspiration GIF by GQ

• Like 1