watching 20-21 from abroad

srsmithusa

32 minutes ago, Withnail said:

Comcast sent a bit of gadgetry for free. So all games appear to available. We will see. As a bonus a while back I switched to xfinity phone. Was paying $85 for my phone through Verizon (I think)  Now I am paying $13.  I do not use a lot of data though. The first three months was $2. Insane. 

We noticed that round here, Verizon use a lot of comcast towers - when internet is down - accasionally phone it too. Might investigate xfinity phone. We use a quite a bit of data - using phone as hotspot when out and about.

Wow, this is the first time Canadians get better streaming service than our cousins to the south. DAZN shows every premier league game + champions league, Europa, English league Cup plus serie A and la Liga. It's 150 Canuck dollars for a year. The commentary isn't North American either.

I'm posting partially in case any new arrivals in Canada read this, but also to gloat a bit since out Netflix sucked for years and we haven't long had HBO access. Viva le resistance!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Surely DAZN and a VPN will work no?

You can get to the payment page but if you input a UK card it will not take the payment. I would imagine if you know someone over there and send them the money they could pay it for you but this is where I fell down last year

Edited by Follyfoot

On 06/09/2020 at 20:02, MNVillan said:

The article is confusing. It says 175 matches will be on Peacock premium, but then later it mentions 205 will be on NBC/NBCSN. That adds up to 380, so every match will be televised. Some of them on peacock and some other ones on actual TV

But everything available either on Peacock or streamed on NBC? I’m asking there I guess if it’s all available online if I get Peacock and use a mate’s NBC login?

Edited by Adam2003

On 07/09/2020 at 10:46, Follyfoot said:

You can get to the payment page but if you input a UK card it will not take the payment. I would imagine if you know someone over there and send them the money they could pay it for you but this is where I fell down last year

Didn't dazn lose their rights this year for not paying the bill?

31 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

But everything available either on Peacock or streamed on NBC? I’m asking there I guess if it’s all available online if I get Peacock and use a mate’s NBC login?

Yeah you’ll need both Peacock and NBC(SN). Kind of crap now that I think about it, making you pay for two services if you want to ensure you have access to every match. My guess is Villa will be on Peacock more times than not.

• Like 1

NBC putting half of their Prem games on peacock is okay. It pretty much cost the same as what I paid for NBC sports gold last year. 

CBS putting the entire champions league on their dumb streaming service is the real kick in the nuts. What is the point of having a cbs sports channel on YouTubeTv (or any other cable service) if it doesn't show any champs league games. 

4 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Yeah you’ll need both Peacock and NBC(SN). Kind of crap now that I think about it, making you pay for two services if you want to ensure you have access to every match. My guess is Villa will be on Peacock more times than not.

Thanks - last question - is there a list somewhere of what games are on which? Just trying to work out if need to sign up to Peacock this week for the first game. No reason not to I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Thanks - last question - is there a list somewhere of what games are on which? Just trying to work out if need to sign up to Peacock this week for the first game. No reason not to I guess. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/soccer/news/premier-league-Premier League-usa-tv-schedule-channels/1hhw6dpirvgbi1o49xxj01xrnz

You’ll need Peacock if this article is correct.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Am I the only one finding it a bit strange to watch teams complete 2 matches in the league, and we have yet to kick a ball? 

Its weird but hopefully those extra few days to train together will be to our advantage.

Also Peacock is fine. Really not sure why NBC are bothering with this new service but... the full match replays work and the commentators are not Jack Woodward so its all good :)

26 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Its weird but hopefully those extra few days to train together will be to our advantage.

Also Peacock is fine. Really not sure why NBC are bothering with this new service but... the full match replays work and the commentators are not Jack Woodward so its all good :)

NBC are just joining the streaming party. Not really much else to it. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Withnail said:

Peacock announced that they have a deal with Roku to stream the service. Starts in a couple of weeks. I can get rid of the extra set top box that wouldn’t connect with the surround sound. Happy.

This is excellent news. I can stream form my Roku instead of balancing my laptop plugged in to the HDMI balanced on my missus's ....... whatever the piece of furniture that's under the TV is called...  anyway its got delicate Vases on it so not balancing my laptop near them feels good :)

• Haha 1

Â