The AVFC FFP thread

8 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Why do I feel like Citeh will still get away with this. Even if it’s just a £10 million fine or some other slap on the wrist.

Significant points deduction and transfer ban please

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Why do I feel like Citeh will still get away with this. Even if it’s just a £10 million fine or some other slap on the wrist.

Agree, slap on the wrist at most. But Jack will still stay.

• Like 1

City still having to battle shows how up against it we are with FFP.

It might not feel fair they can outspend everyone, but they do have the money. Or their owners do. According to the rules...why should City not be able to spend money they have but Utd and Barca can spend money they don't?

FFP protects those at the top and not much else. A flat salary or operating cost cap would be the only fair thing that restricted spending, so they definitely don't want that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It might not feel fair they can outspend everyone, but they do have the money. Or their owners do. According to the rules...why should City not be able to spend money they have but Utd and Barca can spend money they don't?

FFP protects those at the top and not much else. A flat salary or operating cost cap would be the only fair thing that restricted spending, so they definitely don't want that.

Absolutely, City have more than likely broken many ‘rules’ to get to where they are, but how are we me meant to compete ultimately if the investment can only be made to a limited level. 

it doesn’t matter how rich our owners are, unless they have a very creative plan to bridge the gap. With our turnover so low in comparison to Arsenal for eg, developing, keeping and attracting the players to maintain a top four position is beyond our current financial means - legally! 

Leicester are the closest to breaking the cartel legally, but that model is based on selling their stars to balance the books, whilst finding and developing new ones.

I'd rather Man City fight and beat their FFP breach so that it can be thrown out. Hoping they get done so they don't take Jack is short sighted. Jack's going nowhere this offseason and maybe he'll never go anywhere ever if Man City get FFP dramatically changed or it becomes easier to circumvent. 

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks the biggest boys knew exactly what they were doing when they introduced FFP

Of course man City artificially inflated sponsorships, so did psg, so do bayern 

But man utd especially still sit at the top of that tree, City have increased the going rate... Ed Woodward has reaped the rewards 

That's how we've ended up with more money than ever in the game 

If NSWE stick their own name on the front of the shirt for £100m a season then the big 6 simply negotiate bigger deals afterwards, all we've achieved is raising the value of utds deal, it's a horrible rule that as much as I don't want Man City given the green light to do whatever the **** they want its got to go in the bin 

I think FFP needs to be banned too and if any one can get it thrown out it's City.  The inflated sponsorships in my eyes are justified.  They are trying to sell a country as a tourist destination and that means been associated with the best.  That will cost money.  The fact City are Abu Dhabi and very successful means they have to keep the brand associated they cannot dilute the brand by having other sponsors so they pay the premium.  

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Flat salary cap aka NBA/NHL is an interesting idea but most likely imposissible to implement.

First of all, it would need to be implement uniformally accross all European leagues to prevent player exodus to non capped leagues. 

It's also very vulnerable to legal challenge in EU and UK courts. They tried to implement it in League One and it was immediately challenged by the players association.

There are no easy solutions to fix the current mess. Everybody looks to protect their own interests, we shouldn't be surprised.

Â