Sergio Romero

ender4

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

It just seems a bit strange that are our first two signings could be  a goalkeeper and right back, which are two areas that we are well covered for.

Steer, Nyland and Kalinic Give us as much cover as cling film 

Scared Jurassic Park GIF

so I’d be happy with this signing, great keeper 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So we're going to sign a high profile keeper on high wages because Heaton is injured for another month?

That just seem too strange to be true. A loan deal being much more sensible.

It's not true that's why

Strange one, if it happens. It would suggest Heaton is still some way off the first team, although he has been training and we may have doubts about Steer (either his being fit for the start/or being up to taking the starting place for a run of games).

Heaton came to us to get regular games and I would presume Romero, would want to play as well. Jed wouldn't be over the moon about being third choice and whoever, is number two in a couple of months, will feel much the same. I wonder whether this will actually happen, or whether we will put the phone down as soon as they mention Jack (which I'm sure they will). Time will tell, but the question is, "wherefore art Romero, when the transfer window slams shut?" 🤔

35 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So we're going to sign a high profile keeper on high wages because Heaton is injured for another month?

That just seem too strange to be true. A loan deal being much more sensible.

Why would they loan out a goalkeeper with 1 year left on his contract when they can cash in?

25 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

If I were United I’d sell De Gea now while he’s still unable to fetch a high fee.  Give Henderson the number 1 shirt and keep Romero.

nobody will touch De Gea salary. He also wouldnt get into any of top teams on current form

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

The speculation tag has disappeared from this thread >_>

I just saw that and rushed to the last page of this thread thinking we made another signing..

Think they just got the wrong thread as its still on the Matty Cash one?

Is it me alone because I am seriously missing Reina already, the man was crackers at villa and I'd of signed him just for his daftness at Villa, what a bloke and cracking guy..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

That’s because he plays for United and is Argentinian. In reality, I’d much prefer Heaton between the sticks. 

And been the starting keeper for Argentina for a decade I imagine.