Sergio Romero

ender4

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

That’s because he plays for United and is Argentinian. In reality, I’d much prefer Heaton between the sticks. 

That's because he is English and plays for Villa? 😂

11 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Considering neither has particularly played many games the last few years, who knows?!

Power Rangers Reaction GIF 

That's true. With Heaton I always have a feeling we have a solid keeper. Whenever I watched Romero he seemed like a solid keeper that can do that bit extra that elite keepers do these days.

So it's a biased opinion of mine but it would be great to see these two fight for No1.

3 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

If he's still the player he was during his starting run at Sampdoria, then yes. Can't really know if that's the case, though.

Same with Heaton as we don't know how he will recover after his injury.

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

That's true. With Heaton I always have a feeling we have a solid keeper. Whenever I watched Romero he seemed like a solid keeper that can do that bit extra that elite keepers do these days.

So it's a biased opinion of mine but it would be great to see these two fight for No1.

I have not seen much of Romero tbh, does this bolded bit mean he has good distribution and is good with his feet, helps build from the back and keep possesion etc? If so, then that is what we need if we want to be passing the ball out again.

Also on the plus side if he signs, it is one more player in front of Nyland ever having to play in goal for us again. Therefore I am all for it.

What other examples are there of keepers that have spent ages on the bench then transition back into a Number 1?

There must be some.

Hart - Not Really
Heaton - Was he #1 at Burnley before he signed? If not it wasnt for long I guess
Begovic - That worked out badly for Bournemouth I think
Foster - How long was he a #2 for?

1 hour ago, Djemba_Villan said:

What other examples are there of keepers that have spent ages on the bench then transition back into a Number 1?

There must be some.

Hart - Not Really
Heaton - Was he #1 at Burnley before he signed? If not it wasnt for long I guess

Keylor Navas springs to mind. Granted his spells on the bench weren't as long as Romero's

Edited by Stevo985

I was reading many good things about Romero yesterday that convinced me to look past the fact he's been back-up since birth then, someone said that they rated him better than De Gea and it dawned on me he cannot get a game over him at league level and it filled me with doubt again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I was reading many good things about Romero yesterday that convinced me to look past the fact he's been back-up since birth then, someone said that they rated him better than De Gea and it dawned on me he cannot get a game over him at league level and it filled me with doubt again.

I commented earlier that I saw nothing but positive comments from Man U fans about him.

Some also noted that they felt he was unfairly treated by the club.

Re DeGea, I wouldn't look into that too much.

Man U are almost forced to persist with him because of the ridiculous amount of money he is on, they HAVE to almost insist he will get back to his best form again. Dropping him for 2nd/3rd choice keeper probably would not help his confidence.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

He’s had a strange career - Only 258 club appearances for a 33 year old, but 96 international caps. Always looked a decent keeper to me, and for £8m it’s good business as having him and Heaton fighting it out for the number 1 jersey is more than good enough for us. 
Fingers crossed this one goes through 🤞🏼

2 hours ago, Wezbid said:

If we can get rid of Nyland and Kalinic, that'll probably cover the majority of Romero's wages. 

I imagine hell be getting a signing on fee or payoff to cover the remainder of his contract and then accept lower wages with us. 

3 hours ago, Djemba_Villan said:

There must be some.

Hart - Not Really

Steve Ogrizovic

3 hours ago, Djemba_Villan said:

There must be some.

Hart - Not Really

Bosnich? Had a few seasons at Manure as an understudy....does he count?