Callum Wilson

Delphinho123

Played 100 more minutes for England than Francis Jeffers and David Nugent but with the same 1 goal scoring record which he scored in a friendly.

Then again when fit Harry Kane plays almost every minute.

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We're 5th in the world rankings and have been in and around there for years.

It's kind of a mark of quality.

The deal of Lingard for Grealish sounds good with that reasoning.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Villa fans: "We need to move away from signing unproven gambles from abroad and the Championship and buy players with PL experience."

Villa: "What about established PL striker and England international Callum Wilson?"

Villa fans: "No not like that." 

Same fans or different ones?

Just now, AVFCforever1991 said:

What about competitive matches? 

66 minutes, 45 of which were against Switzerland when he was brought on in the 75th minute and then the game went to extra time. His other appearances were 7 minutes at the end of a 5-1 win v Montenegro and 14 minutes at the end of the 6-0 win in Bulgaria.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Villa fans: "We need to move away from signing unproven gambles from abroad and the Championship and buy players with PL experience."

Villa: "What about established PL striker and England international Callum Wilson?"

Villa fans: "No not like that." 

This whole obsession with prem experience is silly, everyone in the first team has now had at least 1 season in the Prem, so there's your experience. We need to be looking at value in this market , as opposed to whether someone scored in a friendly against the US...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Well.....hogan is Irish sooooooo?

So am I in that case.

Just now, AVFCforever1991 said:

This has no relevance, I've not advocated for Hogan to start, completely random to even bring it up.

Well Hogan right now is out best striker. And I include samagoal in that.

Wilson has loads of years left in him. Good age. Good experience. Good player. Good price.

Modern football - anyone over 27 is a bad  buy.

Leeds signed Rodrigo. An absolute baller - all I hear is 29 - bad buy.

**** me. Imagine if this place was around when we signed Dion and Merse.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

So am I in that case.

Well Hogan right now is out best striker. And I include samagoal in that.

Wilson has loads of years left in him. Good age. Good experience. Good player. Good price.

Modern football - anyone over 27 is a bad  buy.

Leeds signed Rodrigo. An absolute baller - all I hear is 29 - bad buy.

**** me. Imagine if this place was around when we signed Dion and Merse.

He's our 4th choice striker and hasn't played for us in almost 2 years :crylaugh:

Edit - 6th if you consider that both Vassilev and El Ghazi have spent more time playing there than Hogan recently.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

This whole obsession with prem experience is silly, everyone in the first team has now had at least 1 season in the Prem, so there's your experience. We need to be looking at value in this market , as opposed to whether someone scored in a friendly against the US...

I agree with this, it's just amusing how the consensus shifts. I've concluded that people just want a blockbuster signing and anything less is underwhelming for them.

• Like 1

Can't help but feel if we do sign the likes of Callum Wilson then the chances of signing a really exciting striker are gone. Wincing already at the potential choice of Davis, Samatta, Wilson and a returning Wesley from long-term injury.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Seen Rodrigo a lot have you 😂

Yeah, top player - but 29, no resale so horrific piece of business. Awful.

A delight to watch, a pleasure, the kind of player fans love and you love to go and see...but 29 bad business. When I am in the stands and I see top experienced players performing and getting my bum of my seat I always think - 29 bad business.

• Haha 1