Jump to content

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

Wesley stats are further skewed because he got 2 against Norwich reserves.

I think we need to realise that Wesley was a massively overpriced poor player - who has never scored goals in any great number anywhere in his career.

Onto CW he'd be an upgrade on Wesley - but I think the whole thing is being used as leverage to get Watkins.

Rubbish.

Looking forward you seeing Wes when he’s back from injury.  Much rather have Wes than Wilson.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nick76 said:

Rubbish.

Looking forward you seeing Wes when he’s back from injury.  Much rather have Wes than Wilson.

When he back from Injury ?  - November/December 

You reckon he will get back to form he showed at his previous clubs then :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hippo said:

When he back from Injury ?  - November/December 

You reckon he will get back to form he showed at his previous clubs then :) 

Yes that’s our problem that he’ll be back late into the season but I still prefer him over Wilson.  I thought if Wes was going to be pushed down the pecking order it would be a player better than overrated, overpriced Wilson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yes that’s our problem that he’ll be back late into the season but I still prefer him over Wilson.  I thought if Wes was going to be pushed down the pecking order it would be a player better than overrated, overpriced Wilson.

My brother who is a Newcastle fan and works somewhere where they get information thanks to agents reckons Wilson prefers a move to the barcodes. Apparently they will get him.

His reaction when I screamed like we scored was stop acting. He thinks that I want us to sign Callum Wilson lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sulberto21 said:

My brother who is a Newcastle fan and works somewhere where they get information thanks to agents reckons Wilson prefers a move to the barcodes. Apparently they will get him.

His reaction when I screamed like we scored was stop acting. He thinks that I want us to sign Callum Wilson lol.

I Hope Please GIF

Let this be true 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yes that’s our problem that he’ll be back late into the season but I still prefer him over Wilson.  I thought if Wes was going to be pushed down the pecking order it would be a player better than overrated, overpriced Wilson.

Back Later than you're expecting.

I don't think we're in for Wilson BTW.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Back Later than you're expecting.

I don't think we're in for Wilson BTW.

Just getting a little bit worried...seeing people saying ‘solid’ signings and I don’t mind that but I really feel we need some players that are better, materially better, than our current players.  

Look how much better Jack looked than most of our team last season, he needs support.  We avoided relegation due to a miracle final 4 games but before that we played 34 games and had a dismal 27 points.

We need solid signing but we also need a bit more and people are getting excited over average players and championship players.  I know championship players can step up, yes average players can be better at a different club.  I hope we buy some quality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Just getting a little bit worried...seeing people saying ‘solid’ signings and I don’t mind that but I really feel we need some players that are better, materially better, than our current players.  

Look how much better Jack looked than most of our team last season, he needs support.  We avoided relegation due to a miracle final 4 games but before that we played 34 games and had a dismal 27 points.

We need solid signing but we also need a bit more and people are getting excited over average players and championship players.  I know championship players can step up, yes average players can be better at a different club.  I hope we buy some quality.

What player that we are linked with you would consider “solid”?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

My brother who is a Newcastle fan and works somewhere where they get information thanks to agents reckons Wilson prefers a move to the barcodes. Apparently they will get him.

His reaction when I screamed like we scored was stop acting. He thinks that I want us to sign Callum Wilson lol.

I can’t see any reason why a striker like Wilson would want to play in a Steve Bruce side 

Also, disown your brother 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, hippo said:

Wesley stats are further skewed because he got 2 against Norwich reserves.

I think we need to realise that Wesley was a massively overpriced poor player - who has never scored goals in any great number anywhere in his career.

Onto CW he'd be an upgrade on Wesley - but I think the whole thing is being used as leverage to get Watkins.

About that Norwich game, that's a good point, they had 10 (ten) players out injured that day! No wonder that was the only league game all season in which we scored more than two goals! :s

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

My brother who is a Newcastle fan and works somewhere where they get information thanks to agents reckons Wilson prefers a move to the barcodes. Apparently they will get him.

His reaction when I screamed like we scored was stop acting. He thinks that I want us to sign Callum Wilson lol.

We will agree to let them have Wilson if they buy Elmo off us for £10m.

(For what it's worth I like Elmo and he's been great for us most of the time, but he's 3rd choice RB now and not getting any younger. If we could get a fee for him with 1 year left on his contract it would be excellent business.)

Edited by fightoffyour
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What player that we are linked with you would consider “solid”?

Not sure I can think of one to be honest.  Championship players stepping up are always risks if they can step up...will they be a Dwight Gayle or a Jamie Vardy.  People saying Cash is a solid signing, who knows....

A solid signing for me would be a low risk but not really exciting buy.  Bmouths  Billing would be a solid signing, recent experience and looked ok at PL.  wouldn’t be breaking down the door for him but did see some early links and people liked him.  You know he could do a job without being exciting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, robby b said:

About that Norwich game, that's a good point, they had 10 (ten) players out injured that day! No wonder that was the only league game all season in which we scored more than two goals! :s

Also explains why it's the only match Wesley looked like proper goalscorer. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just saw that Wilson scored 14 goals in 30 PL appearances in the 2018/19 season, now that's more like it! If we do get him maybe he can manage to repeat that number of goals again, fingers crossed... if... Grealish stays and  El Ghazi and Trez improve or if we end up signing a winger who's better than them (but we're running out of time now!). :s But they're big ifs. Yikes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hippo said:

Wesley stats are further skewed because he got 2 against Norwich reserves.

I think we need to realise that Wesley was a massively overpriced poor player - who has never scored goals in any great number anywhere in his career.

Onto CW he'd be an upgrade on Wesley - but I think the whole thing is being used as leverage to get Watkins.

 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Such a bullshit argument 😂

 

55 minutes ago, robby b said:

About that Norwich game, that's a good point, they had 10 (ten) players out injured that day! No wonder that was the only league game all season in which we scored more than two goals! :s

 

35 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Also explains why it's the only match Wesley looked like proper goalscorer. 

Ahhh, the old Norwich were stretched to breaking point argument so our performance is null and void argument. 

If I can quote @LakotaDakota from the Norwich pre match thread:

For all the talk of their massive injury crisis 7 of the 10 outfield players started their game against us on the last day of the season and there are only 3 changes including the keeper from the team that beat man city a couple of weeks ago. this will not be easy

It was hardly changed from the team who were the first to beat Manchester City in the league in 8 months, just 2 outfield changes. 

Not exactly a bunch if incompetents. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

My brother who is a Newcastle fan and works somewhere where they get information thanks to agents reckons Wilson prefers a move to the barcodes. Apparently they will get him.

His reaction when I screamed like we scored was stop acting. He thinks that I want us to sign Callum Wilson lol.

Newcastle fans still think they are signing Messi

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sidcow said:

 

 

 

Ahhh, the old Norwich were stretched to breaking point argument so our performance is null and void argument. 

If I can quote @LakotaDakota from the Norwich pre match thread:

For all the talk of their massive injury crisis 7 of the 10 outfield players started their game against us on the last day of the season and there are only 3 changes including the keeper from the team that beat man city a couple of weeks ago. this will not be easy

It was hardly changed from the team who were the first to beat Manchester City in the league in 8 months, just 2 outfield changes. 

Not exactly a bunch if incompetents. 

Norwich fielded Aarons, Lewis and Godfrey all started in the back 4 and have been linked with big transfer fees this summer plus Amadou who cost 15 million for Sevilla a few seasons back. Buendia, Cantwell, Pukki and McLean all started 

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

As many have stated already, I am not sure £20m on this lad would be a sensible signing imo.

Obviously I will reserve judgment until all of our business is complete.

 

Tend to agree , no doubts that having a player with a bit of prem league experience would definitely benefit us , if it was 10million I'd say it's a no brainer but 20 million for a guy with his injury record and also a fairly poor goal scoring record just seems a bit mad 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Genuinley stunned at the absolute revisionism around Wesley in this thread!

At times he looked decent, others he looked poor, quite often he looked quite lazy as well.

But now following a serious ACL injury added to his already wonky legs he is going to come back as the second coming of Messi?

Ok lads😂

 

He's decent, may be a solid back up option if he does come back and hit ground running, never going to be a starting CF for a top half team

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â