U23 Development League 2020/2021

BOF

Lots of call to get our talented youngsters - Chuky, JPB, Barrie, Ramsey, Kessler, Chrisene, Young, etc. - to get out on loan next season. But (a) will we be able to field an U-23 side if they all go out; and (2) are they too young/would they benefit from a further year of Bodymoor Heath, with strength and conditioning with Ollie Stevenson and playing with their peers in the U-23s, whilst a number of them will also train with the first team.

I am all for getting the good kids out - I really want to see us invest enough to let Davis and Ramsey out on loan to a top championship side and see them get 30+ starts next season for example - but I do thing some of the U-18s (maybe most of them) are possibly too young and might benefit from staying at BH for another season.

I think this is a critical time in their development and they all need separate plans.  Citeh got it very right with Foden but, arguably, very wrong with Sancho.  There is talk that Chuky is unhappy - but he certainly doesn't look it when playing for the U-18s/U-23s and the first team the other night.

Does anybody have any insight or just views on the way forward/development plans for our best young talents?

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Apparently we have signed a 15 year old from Bristol rovers ....fee is in excess of £200k !!!!!!

Ye Kyrie Pierre, we signed him a week or so ago.

While all eyes were focused on Villa Park last night, Crystal Palace were busy getting promoted to the PL2 1st tier with a 5-3 penalty shoot out win over Sunderland. 0-0 after full time and extra time. Congrats to them. By all accounts they're a very talented group of individuals.

Hopefully our gang of little rascals will be that bit more developed next season and can make a push for promotion. They didn't miss out by a whole lot this season and it'll be interesting to see what they make of it next season. Can't wait for them to get going again :) (inevitable loan deals notwithstanding of course).

Small heath's academy has been granted category 1 status, so now their U23s are going to be playing in the same division as us next season.

Their U18s will also play in the U18 premier league, doesn't look like it's been decided if they will play in the south or north divison, considering we and Albion play in the south they will probably be competing with us in that league as well.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Small heath's academy has been granted category 1 status, so now their U23s are going to be playing in the same division as us next season.

Their U18s will also play in the U18 premier league, doesn't look like it's been decided if they will play in the south or north divison, considering we and Albion play in the south they will probably be competing with us in that league as well.

Is this your way of telling me I have to adjust my spreadsheet 😂

Unless I've got it wrong, this is what their statment says...

'The Under-23s, who were yesterday crowned Professional Development League National Champions, will enter the Premier League 2 Division 2, playing for the chance of promotion to Division One. They will also continue to participate in the Premier League Cup.'

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Unless I've got it wrong, this is what their statment says...

'The Under-23s, who were yesterday crowned Professional Development League National Champions, will enter the Premier League 2 Division 2, playing for the chance of promotion to Division One. They will also continue to participate in the Premier League Cup.'

Yeah unless we're relegating someone it looks like a bigger league. That'll add some lovely spice to proceedings. 

Or perhaps another team is going to have their category 1 status taken way, or another team could be voluntarily withdrawing to follow the same route as Brentford with their B side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Incredibly, Jacob Bedeau has signed for Burnley on a free from Scunthorpe.

Was he every any good in the reserves?

Strange old existence for him and the other young defender who ended up in Portugal. Very highly rated, just never kicked on.

23 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Incredibly, Jacob Bedeau has signed for Burnley on a free from Scunthorpe.

Was he every any good in the reserves?

Strange old existence for him and the other young defender who ended up in Portugal. Very highly rated, just never kicked on.

I thought Bedeau and Suliman were great in the u23s but yeah, they all are SGC, they all are :(

• Like 1