U23 Development League 2020/2021

BOF

He's from Albion, but he turns 21 this year, so I suspect him playing for us is just a short term thing to help us in terms of numbers, and for him to try and attract the attention of a new club. I imagine a few the others in our line up today are in a similar position.

• Like 1

Interesting half that, we're ahead without a huge threat up front. I thought Brown was really good, you can tell he's playing for his future. I also really like the look of Aaron O'Reilly at the back and I think Hart came into the game more and more as the half went on - although he's got such an unusual posture that I can't help but notice him.

Farr will have better halves and if we can get Sewell, Reddin and Tommi O'Reilly more involved then I think we can improve after the break on what's already a reasonable start.

• Like 1

Finished 1-1 a good effort, defensively we were pretty good, midfield worked hard, but the three forwards, Sewell, Reddin and Goodridge didn't really give us anything. We tired late on and finished a little bit under the cosh, but for a young side that won't have played together much it was a dogged, determined display. 

In the end it took a player with 65 full international caps to break us down, so we can't be too disappointed with our efforts.

Aaron O'Reilly looks a decent prospect.

• Like 1

I thought Reddin played okay, looks like someone who will do better for us when playing with better players that can find him in more dangerous positions, but we didn't see enough of him in the final third today. overall was quite a disjointed performance. Aaron O'Reilly looked good, Appiah and Walker also played well at the back.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Finished 1-1 a good effort, defensively we were pretty good, midfield worked hard, but the three forwards, Sewell, Reddin and Goodridge didn't really give us anything. We tired late on and finished a little bit under the cosh, but for a young side that won't have played together much it was a dogged, determined display. 

In the end it took a player with 65 full international caps to break us down, so we can't be too disappointed with our efforts.

Aaron O'Reilly looks a decent prospect.

Who was the international? 

4 hours ago, useless said:

The trialist is Zac Brown again, some websites have Patterson down as Ethan Patterson, but last I heard he was playing in Iceland, so I presume it must be Travis Patterson on the bench, doesn't turn sixteen until October.

Any update on Charlie Lutz? Think he's the same age group as Patterson but haven't heard anything on him for ages

Last I heard of Charlie Lutz he scored an hat-trick for the U16s against Brighton a month or so back. If the club think he's done well enough, then presumably he will be offered a scholarship and we will see him playing for the U18s next season. U18s play on Tuesday so maybe a few more U16s will get a chance in that game.

Edit: He signed a two year scholarship in January

'WORCESTER football star Charlie Lutz has secured a two-year scholarship with Premier League outfit Aston Villa.'

Worcester News

Edited by useless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fulham's 1-0 win over West Brom moves them above us into 9th place.  There are only 5 league games left in total this season and I know our eyes are elsewhere with the youth cup on the horizon.

Anyhoo, I've started so I'll finish.

Friday
13:00 Middlesbrough(4) v Crystal Palace(7)
19:00 Newcastle United(12) v Aston Villa(10)

Monday
13:00 Wolves(3) v Reading(8)
13:00 Sunderland(5) v Stoke City(2)
14:00 West Brom(13) v Norwich City(11)

Middlesbrough can't afford to lose to Palace as it would move Palace into the playoff places and put Boro's place at risk if Sunderland were to avoid defeat at home to Stoke City.  So tomorrow's afternoon game is a key one for promotion.

Newcastle would need a 7 goal victory to overtake us but any win would leave us open to Norwich going above us. A win for us could put us 8th as Reading have a tricky trip to 3rd placed Wolves.

Palace beat Boro 1-0 to jump into 3rd and leave Boro on the cusp. The CUSP I say. Sunderland know a point is enough now to usurp their hated rival and nick 5th spot and a place in the playoffs.