U23 Development League 2020/2021

BOF

I think @VillaAlex has nailed it there - we've bben a little bit too keen at times to show off and do the cool thing rather than just pass and move. 

We've not quite clicked, we don't look fluent, but every time we get it right we look very dangerous. If we find a balance in the second half we could add a few more.

At the other end our goal is leading something of a charmed life - a clean sheet seems unlikely to me, but you never know!

Lots to work on.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I hope Wes football career isn't over, but if it is, I hope there is some way we could help him make a living around the Club. ( Coach, Liaison , etc or anything ). Just a bit sad all round IMO.

It really is. He has youth on his side though and hopefully this just a minor knock. 

He looks miles off the first team though. Surely its just about getting him fit for next season. But I'd be amazed if we don't sign a striker and then where does that leave him?

• Like 1

Chukwuemeka and Philogene-Bidace having quiet games by their standards, a shame considering this game because of Wesley will probably be the first time a lot of fans have seen them play. Raikhy's a good player but he's not really a DM, I think if we bring on Brunt or put Bogarde in there it would help us defensively, and allow Chukwuemeka to get forward more. Ramsey and Kesler have look good.

I haven't watched these all season but I think all the calls to get some of these in the first team are very premature. 

I remember the likes of Gabby, Luke Moore, Ridgewell and Weimman absolutely dominating at this level before stepping up

Everytime I watch these U23 games nearly every chance or goal the opposition score seems to come from us carelessly giving the ball way in the final third. It's why even now with the score as it is can't feel too confident.

• Like 1

Two sloppy bits of defending already this half - Sohna out of position trying to cover Revan down the left and letting their 7 waltz by him into twenty yards of space and then Kesler dribbling his way into trouble and giving the ball away in a bad area

I don't know what it is, whether there's a lack of movement from Chukwuemeka, Ramsey and Raikhy or just poor decision making, but it's going to cost us sooner or later.

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Dirty Dog head bastards

In fairness, both the Kesler and Sohna knocks happened because both players were diving after their own poor touches. Look after the ball and you don't get into a position where you're dangling your leg out.

Kessler again should have passed - he's not afraid of shooting, which is good, but it's a reflection of his decision making. He's got so many good attributes - lots of potential but room for growth too.