U23 Development League 2020/2021

BOF

Norwich stats updated. Apologies for the delay. Villa move up to 3rd as Fulham lose at home to Reading earlier the same day.  I couldn't get any stats on our assists other than Barry was fouled for his own first penalty. Oliwier Zych is an unused sub on the bench for his first u23 matchday squad of the season. Myles Sohna makes his first u23 start of the season partnering Mungo at the back.  Aaron Ramsey starts for the first time since December 27th and Jake Walker starts in the league for the first time since back at the start of October.

• Thanks 1

Fixtures today.

13:00 Wolves(2)     v Leeds(1)
13:00 Sunderland(9) v Burnley(11)
13:00 West Brom(12) v C.Palace(6)
15:00 Stoke(10)     v Middlesbrough(5)

We could do with 2nd placed Wolves beating runaway leaders Leeds or certainly drawing with them if we're to have any hope of the title.

Barry' since put this 'come back stronger' on his instagram.

Injuries seem to be a problem for us at youth level, this season alone, Shakpoke, Abldeen-Goodridge, Campton-Sturridge, and Barry in pre-season and again now, have all had significant ones, and all happen to be forwards, going back to the likes of Davis, Hepburn-Murphy and Green, they always seem to be injured as well. Sometimes it can be bad luck, but it does make me wonder if there's something we're doing wrong in training, or the conditioning isn't quite right.

Will be interesting to see who replaces Barry, and if it's Bradely Young who replaces him in the U18s. If it is Young we could do with him doing well, as we'll need someone to replace Barry's goals now he's out, I think he and Philogen-Bidace are the only two to score more than two goals for the U23s this season.

1 minute ago, useless said:

I think he and Philogen-Bidace are the only two to score more than two goals for the U23s this season.

You know the league goals are literally on page 1 of this thread :) 

Not sure what to make of that, looks like Ramsey will be upfront, was joint top scorer for the U18s last season and scored twenty plus the season before for the U16s. Surprised that Bradley Young isn't involved, hope it doesn't mean that he's injured as well.

• Like 1