2020/21 Squad Numbers

villan-scott

5 minutes ago, mrjc said:

For the second CB (assuming #5 is a given), are people more #4 or #6?

I've always thought of #4 as a defensive midfielder, #6 as a CB.

Good chat 😀

I agree with you, but Dougie can keep #6. Should give 4 and 5 to Mings and Konsa, though, and Cash and Targett should be 2 and 3. Marvelous needs to give 11 to Ollie. 

• Like 1

I remember in my youth football days. The manager would throw the kitbag on the floor and it was a free for all for shirts. Usually people would do trades but there used to be a few scraps too. Great for morale and team building 10 mins before the match. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Herman22 said:

Hopefully Konsa gets a lower shirt number, maybe 4 and you'd expect Cash to take the 2. 

I'd like McGinn to take 8 to free up 7 for a new signing and Marv will most likely give up the 11 shirt to Ollie. 

I agree with above I think a player in the first 11 numbers is generally a starter. I don't like Mings wearing 40, but that's his choice obviously. 

Why would McGinn change numbers?

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

I remember in my youth football days. The manager would throw the kitbag on the floor and it was a free for all for shirts. Usually people would do trades but there used to be a few scraps too. Great for morale and team building 10 mins before the match. 

I used to love the number 7 shirt. No one else was allowed to have it. Otherwise I'd be complaining for the rest of the week. I used to play up front. 

16 minutes ago, AtkinsonWonderGoal said:

Unless I'm the only one who thinks this, I don't think we should change numbers once associated with a player.

So much is spent on kit sales now to the fans that changes made to those players mean they are spoilt if they change. 

I don't have a problem with it as kits only represent one season anyway. As long as they refund for ones bought with the incorrect number that particular summer.

Then again I've never had a shirt with a name and number on and doubt I ever will.

Â