Matty Cash

paul514

22 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Cash I'm still not convinced of. 

Not offering enough going forward for me. 

I agree we haven't seen enough of him going forwards, but it's a strange one. He played as a winger for Forest when he broke through. A lot of the talk from Forest fans when he signed was that he'd be a liability defensively in a back four - but decent going forwards. 

He doesn't seem to trust himself to overlap the RW. It's a big season for him as we will definitely be signing a RB next summer and, as Targett has seen, if your levels drop you will lose your place.

Edited by Cizzler

1 hour ago, Gillz said:

A number of time he made really good runs and wasnt feed in. 

A much better performance and will only get better when our first choice wingers are playing in front of him

It can't be hard to gel with Buendia tbf with the amount of work he does. Buendia was dropping super deep, though, which was causing a little confusion at times. 

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Been poor for months. He’s lucky to be getting starts at the moment. Hopefully a break will do him good. He needs to get back to his early season form from last year.

I don’t see how a break will improve his bravery in an attacking sense. It’s not a fitness issue where a rest is needed. It’s been a problem since he came in the door to be fair. He can’t overlap, beat a man. Full backs at this level have to be able to do that, or at least show a desire to.

• Like 1

He didn't look right second half of last season in between Covid, injuries and suspensions. It's been stop-start with him for a while and I was hoping he'd come back with a bit of a bang but it's been the opposite. 

If it was me, I'd be starting Guilbert next match and seeing if he takes his chance. I don't fancy Cash against Chelsea 

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Needs to push on this season. Relatively solid at right back but if he doesn’t show a bit more going forward and cut out the silly errors I’d think we need an upgrade for next season 

We won't be signing another right back for at least three years.

• Like 1

Â