Matty Cash

paul514

8 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Really hope he can kick on even further than he has already and sneak into the England squad...

Grealish and Mings and possibly Cash, Konsa and Watkins at the Euros...

That would be awesome and an excellent statement of the rapid progress we have made as a club...

Not for me. Couldn’t care less about England. Once they start playing for them we normally end up losing them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 02/01/2021 at 08:52, nepal_villan said:

Came here to post the same.  I know Troare has put in a few good balls, but on balance he has been mediocre taking set pieces.

From the left I think Traore’s outswingers are delicious and our defenders/Watkins should have converted a bunch of them into goals. Some chances on absolute plates.

From the right he just kicks it into the stands.

Bit weird really!

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not for me. Couldn’t care less about England. Once they start playing for them we normally end up losing them. 

To be fair, I want us back on our perch of being the club that has provided the most England debutees...

At the moment, those swindling cheapskate rocket polishers from North London are there...

Another great performance from him and unlucky to give away a penalty.

Short of having pockets in their shorts and training the players to jump with their hands in their pockets, I'm not sure what the solution is to having the ball bulleted at your hand from a yard away.

• Like 1

Just now, lexicon said:

May have flown under the radar a bit but I thought he was excellent today. Seen some steady improvement all season. 

Absolute bargin mate. What a F-ing player. 

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

also, for the record, he had Maxim in his pocket, and Maxim is a player.....i was a little concerned when i saw Maxim coming on but Cash was all over him.

To be fair, about 4 players had a dig at Maxim in one passage of play about 10 minutes after he came on. After that he hardly touched the ball. 

Cash's side of our defence has taken a bashing all season. He's either seen as a weakness or, maybe they want to keep the ball from Grealish. Whatever the reason, he's endured more attacks than anyone but, he's given his absolute best every game he's played and mostly suppressed the attacks he's faced. 

He is another one who will only be better next season after having this season's experience behind him. 

We also have to remember that, as time goes in, he will also become more of a threat at the other end of the pitch. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Villarocker said:

To be fair, about 4 players had a dig at Maxim in one passage of play about 10 minutes after he came on. After that he hardly touched the ball. 

Cash's side of our defence has taken a bashing all season. He's either seen as a weakness or, maybe they want to keep the ball from Grealish. Whatever the reason, he's endured more attacks than anyone but, he's given his absolute best every game he's played and mostly suppressed the attacks he's faced. 

He is another one who will only be better next season after having this season's experience behind him. 

We also have to remember that, as time goes in, he will also become more of a threat at the other end of the pitch. 

He has improved so much in short a short time.....so encouraging.

He is having to deal with so much activity, but as his reputation grows and opponents realise he is a formidable full back, that may change.

bad news for them is , Targett has equally improved his defensive duties, beyond belief.

its great to see these 2 guys having such  good time, defensively.

What really makes me very optimistic about him is that this is only his second season as a full back and first in the top flight. Look at how much good a season as a regular did for Targett, if he improves half as much we have one of the best right backs in the league. Scrap that, I think he IS one of the best

On 24/01/2021 at 01:09, lexicon said:

May have flown under the radar a bit but I thought he was excellent today. Seen some steady improvement all season. 

Don't think he goes under the radar, just think we have come to expect that level of performance from him now.

12 hours ago, WooJung said:

What really makes me very optimistic about him is that this is only his second season as a full back and first in the top flight. Look at how much good a season as a regular did for Targett, if he improves half as much we have one of the best right backs in the league. Scrap that, I think he IS one of the best

Yes Targett needed a full season to “toughen up” and get his fitness up he was constantly getting cramps and niggles last season he seem over that now, Cash is already seasoned to regular game time and seems naturally fit, and has been excellent throughout. 

Â