Matty Cash

paul514

I just wonder whether this Poland thing is partly to try and wave at Southgate to say look at me, you are about to lose me to Poland. I half noticed that someone from Poland played it down? I didn't see who it was and there must be some truth in him getting it his citizenship but doesn't seem like it's certain. 

I'm not sure it's the best move if that was the case, as even if Southgate called him up and played him next month. It could then end any potential international career. 

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Dariusz Kubicki!

Well done, and a right back as well! 😊

Anyway, looks like Cash is definitely happening, his father confirmed in interview with Polish media.

- Matty chciałby się sprawdzić na poziomie międzynarodowym. Gra już drugi sezon w Premier League, a występy w reprezentacji byłyby kolejnym krokiem do przodu. A zatem: jeśli polska federacja wyrazi zainteresowanie, to syn jest na takie rozwiązanie otwarty - stwierdził ojciec piłkarza Stewart Cash w rozmowie z WP Sportowe Fakty.

• Like 1

On 20/09/2021 at 08:48, Cizzler said:

What if he just doesn't feel Polish?

Why does he need to play international football at all? I agree he's got no shot at RB for England. Trent can barely get a game. But why bother playing for a nation he has no real allegiance to? Scott Sutter played a couple of games for Switzerland, said he hated it. It isn't going to further his career/ put him in the shop window any more than playing for Villa does, they're not going to win a trophy. Don't see the point myself. 

His mum’s Polish isn’t she? If I couldn’t play for England but could play for my mum’s country I’d love that. We don’t even blink when players do that with Ireland/Scotland etc. Agreed if he doesn’t feel he has a connection why bother but if you can be someone like Ben Brereton playing for Chile I’m all for it.

When I were a lad I was quite good at football and did wonder what I'd do if called up for Ireland (maternal grandparents) rather than England. I decided then that I couldn't play for a country where I have no feelings towards other than a generla nod as the birthplace of grandparents. However, if I were good enough to have turned pro then the game has little to do with emotional attachment in the main so who knows. If cash wants to try and get to Qatar I suggest he does go down the Poland route. Southgate is stifling England and picking Cash for these upcoming games would serve no other purpose than to thwart any long-term plans at international level.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I just wonder whether this Poland thing is partly to try and wave at Southgate to say look at me, you are about to lose me to Poland. I half noticed that someone from Poland played it down? I didn't see who it was and there must be some truth in him getting it his citizenship but doesn't seem like it's certain. 

I'm not sure it's the best move if that was the case, as even if Southgate called him up and played him next month. It could then end any potential international career. 

how long did it take for him to call up someone of grealish's quality?

happy to be corrected but don't think he's attended any of our first 5 games either which indicates none of our other players are on his radar

i love matty, but there are currently 3 better english RBs, 2 of which are younger than cash. he's got little chance of playing for england IMO

15 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i love matty, but there are currently 3 better english RBs, 2 of which are younger than cash. he's got little chance of playing for england IMO

I agree with you, there's so many RB's that Southgate doesn't know what to do and shoe-horning them in and over looking other players potentially more suited. One playing on the left one in midfield ones that have been involved, overlooked. 

I don't think he will, end up playing for England,  it just feels like its one last attempt before the actual decision is made whether he wants to and whether he will be selected for Poland. 

Matty is a good RB and may grow in to agreat one but I'd be shocked if he actually gets called up to an England squad.

Hope he doesn't just decide to play for Poland though just to play international football, can he really ever be passionate about it? Surely playing for your country has to mean something.

6 hours ago, Gompedyret said:

As long as he doesn't change his name into something like Matteyszch Cazscsh I'm all for it.

There are no vowels in Polish so at least the club shop won't run out of those letters, but we might in trouble with the Zs.

2 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

So I can now get a Matty Cazch shirt, less likely hood of the club shop running out of the letter S. 

It's Mateusz Gotówka!

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Mam nadzieje jeżeli on będzie grał z representacjem Polskim, ludzie tutaj będą uczy się Polski, nie tylko 'owski' czy śćśćżżżż

avatars-000008173676-z5f17c-t240x240.jpg

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Matty is a good RB and may grow in to agreat one but I'd be shocked if he actually gets called up to an England squad.

Hope he doesn't just decide to play for Poland though just to play international football, can he really ever be passionate about it? Surely playing for your country has to mean something.

How do you know he won't be passionate about it? He might really love pierogi for all you know.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â