Matty Cash

paul514

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Has been poor since Christmas 

But every player as their dip in form - Before his so called bad displays he was doing something right? Smith obviously as faith in him hence starting to day.  If it gets worse? i will hold my hands up your correct!  Just judging to quickly my problem is.

💩💩💩

Hopefully that was a one off. Didn't do much wrong defensively but he had some real poor touches when it mattered. Also, some of his overlapping runs were rather clueless. Definitely still a FB in progress. 

He really needs to stop giving away cheap fouls. It slows our own play as much as anything. Multiple times trying to steal yards when it was clear early that Riley wasn't having it. He's great at times but there also seems to be a lack of common sense, much like Mings with that ridiculous foul on Cathcart. 

Funny how his hands seem to have some magnetic power on the ball...

Cash can be very hit and miss, he's a great athlete, but not a great thinker. He needs to mature a lot if he is to be a regular in a team that pushes for Europe.

I was a little worried during the summer that Cash's good form last year was based on his athleticism rather than his footballing ability. Players like that can go through tricky patches. 

I think he is still worth being first choice and will have better games. 

The line of the back four didn't seem as well-structured today so maybe that affected both full backs.

Edited by May-Z
Spelling

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Before we destroy him too much let’s remember he was one of our best players last year. Give him a chance to bounce back

He was but today was probably the worst I've seen him play. 85% of what he did, he did badly.

My unfounded concern is this bird he is now with who is a wannabe media whore who will do anything for fame and avoiding getting an actual job. Hence he was attending feux celebrity events with her. Hopefully this was a one off and my unfounded concerns are just that.

4 hours ago, May-Z said:

I was a little worried during the summer that Cash's good form last year was based on his athleticism rather than his footballing ability. Players like that can go through tricky patches. 

I think he is still worth being first choice and will have better games. 

The line of the back four didn't seem as well-structured today so maybe that affected both full backs.

I have no reactions left but I agree.

23 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I seem to recall him being touted as an exciting attacking wingback, but all I see is him surging past his man, putting his foot on the ball and either passing sideways or backwards. Why?

He's trying to get in the England team

I think he needs to mature a bit. Looses his head sometimes. Great crosser but never really takes on players to go around them. This year will be harder for him and id be quite happy to have him and Guilbert rotated to push each other on

• Like 1

5 hours ago, commander said:

Would like to see Freddie G given achance, can't see Smith giving him a chance though. Cash is bang average

I like to call this Hourihane syndrome. Dropped because he wasn’t good enough, when the lads who came in for him weren’t playing well it was “ Conor should be playing “ Cash’s form isn’t wonderful but Guilbert isn’t the answer.

Â