Matty Cash

paul514

I really like Matty Cash, I think he's looked a great signing so far. But, I do think that our fans cut him more Slack than Matt Targett. What I mean is, in the last three games he's been absolutely singled out by the opposition because all of Liverpool's (Jota and Robertson), Leicester's (Barnes and Justin) and, Leeds' (Harrison and Alioski) have pummelled us with attacks down Cash's side. It's as if our opponents see him as a weak link. Or, maybe see that side as a weak link? 

Last night, cross after cross came into our box from that side. If the same happened from the other side and Targett was being let down by Grealish not tracking back would he be slagged off or felt sorry for? 

Like I said, I really like Cash and think he's an excellent signing. He has been way over-worked in the last three games and for a while I think opponents may continue to play down that side as it would have looked weak to opposition managers due to Cash having zero cover. I hope the coaching team come up with a way of protecting him more. 

23 minutes ago, a-k said:

Could simply be because they don't mind if they get caught out of position on Cash's side, as it would be Trez left free to attack. On the other hand, if they target and push forw0ard on the opposite side, they run the risk of letting Grealish get free in acres of space.

That's a very good point. Maybe we need to look at switching Grealish more during games. 

1 hour ago, a-k said:

Could simply be because they don't mind if they get caught out of position on Cash's side, as it would be Trez left free to attack. On the other hand, if they target and push forward on the opposite side, they run the risk of letting Grealish get free in acres of space.

Excellent point 

I have to say I'm surprised by the support in here and even calls for motm. Yes Trez and the midfield left him brutally exposed, but there were plenty of times one v one particularly second half where Harrison just breezed past him like he wasn't even there.

So far he has either been excellent or poor. I'm beginning to think Guilbert complete freezing out is looking very very harsh indeed

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I like him.

Shame we can never get a left sided player like that. Targett is o.k in patches but always feels like a defensive disaster is around the corner against a team with plenty of pace in final third.

We haven’t had a right sides player like that for years until Cash came along

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramshackler said:

I have to say I'm surprised by the support in here and even calls for motm. Yes Trez and the midfield left him brutally exposed, but there were plenty of times one v one particularly second half where Harrison just breezed past him like he wasn't even there.

So far he has either been excellent or poor. I'm beginning to think Guilbert complete freezing out is looking very very harsh indeed

Guilbert is crap mate don’t give a toss what transfermarkit say’s either 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Guilbert is crap mate don’t give a toss what transfermarkit say’s either 

He was crap in a pre lockdown side that was even more open and defensively hapless than last night. 

I'm not saying he is the answer but certainly hasn't hada fair shake

44 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

He was crap in a pre lockdown side that was even more open and defensively hapless than last night. 

I'm not saying he is the answer but certainly hasn't hada fair shake

He had a fair shake. He had all last season and couldn't convince management he could cut it. This " justice for guilbert " campaign is a bit cringe.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

He had a fair shake. He had all last season and couldn't convince management he could cut it. This " justice for guilbert " campaign is a bit cringe.

It’s a bit like saying Ally Samatta or Scott Hogan didn’t get a fair shake

On 24/10/2020 at 09:45, Johnnyp said:

I don’t think it’s about ‘justice’, I think he’s a good player. I think Cash is better but has been poor for a couple of weeks now and I wouldn’t mind seeing him take a rest next week. I’d say the same about Targett who I also rate but I don’t think we have any options here.

None of this intended to be harsh on Cash, I expect him to have ups and downs in form in his first season at this level.

Got done all game by Harrison when we played Leeds, today he’s been even worse, topped it off with that handball for there 3rd as he was in the wrong position as came far to much inside when Walcott was behind him, even with there 4th he allowed ings to get it onto his right foot and to cut inside

Â