Loan Thread 20/21

Hornso

Summary from the weekend - Sinisalo clean sheet!

Lewis Brunt (Gloucester City)
Away at Guiseley (1-2) - Not in the squad.

Jack Clarke (Yeovil)
Home to Hartlepool (1-3) -  Not in the squad.

Viljami Sinisalo (Ayr)
Home to Dundee (2-0) - Played 90 minutes. Booked (timewasting) 

Indiana Vassilev (Burton)
Home to Northampton (1-3) - Substituted at half time. Booked. WhoScored.com rating of 6.11.

• Thanks 4

Summary from the Tuesday night - Nothing to see here

Lewis Brunt (Gloucester City)
Away at Gateshead (1-0) - Not in the squad.

Indiana Vassilev (Burton)
Home to Charlton Athletic (4-2) - Not in the squad.

• Like 1

Not much point in these lads being loaned out, if they don't even make the squads. I guess we will be having a few words with these clubs and probably taking them back in January, if their situations have not changed by then. They went out to gain first team experience and to play regular games, quite a few of them are being given neither, which can't be helping their development or their confidence. 

Not looking good for Indiana. It's another pointer towards not throwing youngsters in that aren't ready. So often we read on this site 'isnt there someone coming through that could do better' or 'just try so and so instead'. Indiana fits into this category and yet here we are, 12 months later and he can't get a game in league 1.

On 25/11/2020 at 14:59, TRO said:

I guess, its not a good sign.....Jack and Gary Cahill, didn't have much trouble with games played.

perhaps we over hype them a bit too much.

who has actually overhyped them? Except one poster it seems people have been level headed about this crop of players

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Not looking good for Indiana. It's another pointer towards not throwing youngsters in that aren't ready. So often we read on this site 'isnt there someone coming through that could do better' or 'just try so and so instead'. Indiana fits into this category and yet here we are, 12 months later and he can't get a game in league 1.

Just one fan on Twitter's opinion, but not encouraging...

I've been trying to find injury news for players like Brunt, Clarke & Guy but my small attempts haven't been able to find anything yet.

• Thanks 1

Archer on the bench.

Considering he's scored three goals and has one assist in six appearances you'd think he'd get more starts, he has missed quite a bit of football though, through having to isolate and then them having games postponed, so maybe not fully match fit.

His loan ends in January, so will be interesting to see what happens.

It's a very enjoyable game, could easily be 4-4.

Archer looks good enough for league football but I can understand if we let him stay at Solihull all season as they'll be pushing for promotion and then he gets his year's loan in league 1 or 2 next season.

Â