Loan Thread 20/21

Hornso

I don't know for certain but I think there's a good chance that Clarke's contract with us ends on Monday, and maybe his loan deal with Chesterfield as well, so by the time they play their semi-final next weekend he may well no longer be a Villa player and technically a free agent... Presumably he will still be able to take part in the play-offs.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hornso said:

My wife gave birth to our second child on Thursday and life has been quite hectic since then.

Congratulations boss! 👍

Hope you get some sleep sometime in the next month or two.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Thanks for the kind words @OutByEaster?! Just wanted to apologise for not getting around to seeing out the season yet. My wife gave birth to our second child on Thursday and life has been quite hectic since then.

I also want to praise (the inappropriately named) @useless in this thread for their contribution throughout the season, often adding much needed context to my little factual offerings. 

Looking forward to 21/22 already, UTV!

hoorayyyyyy

• Like 1

Summary

Cameron Archer (Solihull Moors) - 11th/23
Home to Eastleigh (2-0) - Unused substitute.

Jack Clarke (Chesterfield) - 6th/23
Away at FC Halifax Town (1-2) - Played 90 minutes.

Ben Guy (Portadown) - 9th/12
Away at Ballymeena (4-2) - Substituted after 74 minutes.

Conor Hourihane (Swansea)
Versus Brenford [Play off Final] (0-2) - Substituted after 74 minutes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.00.

Also, I believe Callum Rowe did not make the squad as Hereford lost in the FA Trophy Final to Hornchurch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately Chesterfield lost and therefore have been eliminated.

For some reason the National League play-offs follow a different format this season, the teams that finished in second and third have gone straight into the semi-finals, and then the team that finished fourth played the team that finished seventh in a one off game to see who out of the two of them would join the second and third placed teams in the semi-final, and the same for the teams in fifth and sixth.

It's been a good end to the season from Clarke though and Imagine he will get a decent move because of it, if not to Chesterfield then to another National League side or maybe even a League Two side.

• Like 4

Just looking at some of the comments on Clarke on the Chesterfield forum after yesterday's game...

'Easily our best player. All noted by the commentators'.

'I’m sure his family, agent, ex coaching staff and team mates will all have been having a word in his ear. Probably along the lines ‘Jack, you’re too good to drop out out the league’.

'Quality footballer. We will be lucky to have him next season. Fingers crossed'.

'He will get a contract in the football league'.

'Get him signed!! He’ll be our best player next season!'.

'Can't see him signing for us after being in the shop window of a play off game'.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Â