Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, useless said:

Archer has only played one game in the last two months, and not in the Solihull squad again tonight, Wright also missing for Walsall after coming off injured in their last game, when you add to that that Lewis Brunt has also been a long term injury, Ben Guy missed about three months of the season, Jack Clarke only made three appearances for Yeovil and hasn't yet played for Chesterfield as far as I'm aware, it seems that our youngsters out on loan aren't having the best of luck.

Spot on. Cursed with injuries or postponements.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Summary from Tuesday night

Cameron Archer (Solihull Moors) - 12th/23
Away at Aldershot Town (1-3) - Not in the squad

Ben Guy (Portadown) - 11th/12
Home to Glentoran (1-3) - Substituted after 32 minutes (sacrificed after a red card).

Callum Rowe (Hereford) - 12th/22
Home to Brackley Town (2-0) - Not in the squad (several fans asking "Where's Rowe?" in response to the line up).

Indiana Vassilev (Cheltenham) - 3rd/24
Away at Walsall (1-2) - Came on after 67 minutes. Whoscored.com rating of 6.53.

Tyreik Wright (Walsall) - 12th/24
Home to Cheltenham (1-2) - Not in the squad.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Summary from Wednesday night

Conor Hourihane (Swansea)
Home to Nottingham Forest (1-0) - Substituted after 87 minutes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.22

Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone please tell me there is an obligation to buy with Samatta, he seems to have deteriorated. 

Not in a billion years was he good enough for The Premier League. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Someone please tell me there is an obligation to buy with Samatta, he seems to have deteriorated. 

Not in a billion years was he good enough for The Premier League. 

pretty sure they said at the time it was a loan with an obligation to buy (was it 5.5m?)

If you look at transfermarkt, it shows Samatta as a loan currently, but an outgoing this coming summer for 5.5m (as a transfer).

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

pretty sure they said at the time it was a loan with an obligation to buy (was it 5.5m?)

If you look at transfermarkt, it shows Samatta as a loan currently, but an outgoing this coming summer for 5.5m (as a transfer).

Phew, I still think that his signing was the straw that broke the camels back with Jesus Pitarch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Phew, I still think that his signing was the straw that broke the camels back with Jesus Pitarch. 

I'm sure i read something yesterday or the day before that Fenerbache are already looking at the possibility of selling him during the summer once his transfer is made permanent. Can't find where I read it unfortunately though so could be something my brain made up 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

yes 100% obligation to buy. think it might be even more than 5.5m, apparently we're getting most of our money back for him

see less tanzanians on our social media these days too...guessing they've figured out how bad he is themselves

Link to post
Share on other sites

Summary from the weekend - Conor makes it 4 from 5

Cameron Archer (Solihull Moors) - 14th/23
Away at Weymouth (0-0) - Not in the squad.

Jack Clarke (Chesterfield) - 15th/23
Away at Notts County (0-1) - Came on after 79 minutes for his debut.

Frederic Guilbert (Strasbourg) - 15th/20
Home to Angers - Played 90 minutes. WhoScored.com rating of 7.01.

Conor Hourihane (Swansea) 4th/24
Away at Huddersfield (4-1) - Played 90 minutes. Scored. WhoScored.com rating of 6.60.

 

Dominic Revan (Weymouth) - 20th/23
Home to Solihull Moors (0-0) - Played 90 minutes. Voted POTM on Twitter.

Mbwana Samatta (Fenerbahce) - 3rd/21
Home to Goztepe (0-1) - Came on after 72 minutes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.67

Viljami Sinisalo (Ayr) - 9th/10
Home to Inverness Caledonian Thistle (0-2) - Played 90 minutes.

Indiana Vassilev (Cheltenham) - 3rd/24
Away at Forest Green (0-0) - Came on after 58 minutes. Whoscored.com rating of 6.06.

Tyreik Wright (Walsall) - 14th/24
Away at Stevenage (1-1) - Not in the squad.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

National premier is to carry on but north and south to now end for the season. I don't think we have players in that division it may affect other young players development from other premier or football league clubs.

It hasn't seemed to have got much coverage but it does seem strange that the top division is carrying on but not the others. I think they are all struggling on money having to pay for covid tests and were only offered loans not grants from the government. Most of them are run full time now.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

National premier is to carry on but north and south to now end for the season. I don't think we have players in that division it may affect other young players development from other premier or football league clubs.

It hasn't seemed to have got much coverage but it does seem strange that the top division is carrying on but not the others. I think they are all struggling on money having to pay for covid tests and were only offered loans not grants from the government. Most of them are run full time now.

Think the only loan player it will affect is Callum Rowe who moved there in January.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not involved tonight, but apparently Archer has recovered from his injury and has returned to training with Solihull this week, so presumably will be in contention for selection at the weekend.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Summary from Tuesday night

Cameron Archer (Solihull Moors) - 15th/23
Home to Torquay United (1-2) - Not in the squad. (see previous post from @useless)

Jack Clarke (Chesterfield) - 13th/23
Home to Altrincham (1-0) - Came on after 77 minutes. Booked.

Dominic Revan (Weymouth) - 21st/23
Away at Yeovil Town (3-1) - Played 90 minutes.

 

 

Indiana Vassilev (Cheltenham) - 3rd/24
Away at Cambridge United (0-1) - Unused substitute.

In some related, horrible news, on loan winger Tyreik Wright has received terrible racist abuse on social media

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Summary from Wednesday night - Conor keeps putting up numbers

Conor Hourihane (Swansea) 4th/24
Home to Coventry (1-0) - Substituted after 65 minutes. Assist. WhoScored.com rating of 7.01.

 

Tyreik Wright (Walsall) - 15th/24
Home to Newport County (0-1) - Not in the squad.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â