Iceland v England/Denmark v England

andykeenan

13 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Something like this for tomorrow?  (I know Jack won't start... f$#king Southgate)

Rice instead of Dier? Walker instead of Trent?

20200904_102553.jpg

No need for two holding midfielders for me. I'd go with Grealish and Foden in the middle with Declan Rice holding. I'd have Gomez at centre back and probably Walker at left back and I'd pick either of the other two keepers ahead of Pickford. Greenwood or Sancho is a bit of a 50/50 pick too.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Several reports suggested Pickford will be dropped.

I agree on the defensive midfielders, there’s barely an argument for 1 let alone 2.

Is a good point.  Tbh i would probably have gone for that if the BBC formation selector let me pick 4141, but hey ho.

Greenwood is much more of an out and out striker to me, than a Sancho/rashford esque player. He's exceptional, but not sure he's better than any of the alternatives in the wing/AM positions.

If he replaced Sancho he'd surely be in the middle, and Grealish would be on the left. Nice problem to have though for a change. 

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

I agree on the defensive midfielders, there’s barely an argument for 1 let alone 2.

Southgate is probably under more pressure to start Henderson than Grealish

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Something like this for tomorrow?  (I know Jack won't start... f$#king Southgate)

20200904_102553.jpg

Jack isn't playing.

Southgate obviously doesn't like him. There's some sort of a vendetta going on.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

There’s no way Pope shouldn’t be starting for England at the moment

5 hours ago, MrBlack said:

20200904_102553.jpg

Dier is a centre back now, probably won't play in midfield again.

I'd go with Henderson; TAA, Dier, Mings, Gomez; Rice, Ward-Prowse, Mount; Sterling, Kane, Sancho.

Coady has played in a back 3 for the last 3 years and prior to that was used in centre midfield or as an emergency right back. To my knowledge he hasn't played centre half in a back 4 in his professional career and the only way I can see him being picked is in a back 3 or 5.

I'd pick...

--------------------------Pope-----------------------

-----------Gomez---Coady---Mings---------

TAA---------Rice---------Foden----------AMN

Sancho-------------Kane-----------Sterling

I think that Southgate will go with...

TAA-------Gomez-------Mings--------AMN

------------Rice----Mount---Dier--------------

1 hour ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

Coady has played in a back 3 for the last 3 years and prior to that was used in centre midfield or as an emergency right back. To my knowledge he hasn't played centre half in a back 4 in his professional career and the only way I can see him being picked is in a back 3 or 5.

I'd pick...

-----------Gomez---Coady---Mings---------

TAA---------Rice---------Foden----------AMN

I think that Southgate will go with...

TAA-------Gomez-------Mings--------AMN

------------Rice----Mount---Dier--------------

Can see your second team being what Southgate goes with as well,  although AMN may be swapped for Walker. Although the logic you're applying to Coady would surely mean he won't be picking Dier in midfield? Against weaker opposition it should still be enough anyway. 

Mount just shouldn't be in the team but you know he will be. 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Mr contradiction at it again

Loves fodens versatility, his ability to play 7, 8, 10 or 11

Man's an utter clown, can't wait to see foden get the nod on the left before grealish 

Confirmed Foden will start this afternoon.. 

he just doesn’t like jack but cannot swallow his pride and realise Jack offers more than a lot of his regular picks.

recently England have reverted to kick and rush type football reliant on speed out wide but with no plan b - jack can offer that creative difference if given a chance 

Southgate has to be one of the luckiest managers ever.

He’s a accomplished absolutely nothing yet somehow walked into the England job at a time we have some of the most exciting and talented young players in world football emerging. Got to the World Cup semi-final in what was one of the easiest routes in World Cup history, (our best result a win against Sweden) despite us losing or requiring penalties against any side we played that had any real quality. 

Unfortunately it’s going to take monumental mismanagement to do enough to get the boot anytime soon simply due to the sheer quality of the players we possess. A real risk of wasting another “golden” generation with this fraud.

• Like 3

Â