Iceland v England/Denmark v England

andykeenan

20 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Both getting sent home apparently and won't be involved v Denmark.

Yep, dropped and not on the plane to denmark

Personally I'd be "make your own way home lads" 

If grealish doesn't start or even play at all then he never will 

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

They are, but 2 18 yr olds celebrating their England debuts with a “bang” is hardly the worst thing

Nope

But under corona it is

That simple and no doubt drummed in to them hundreds of times by both their club and the FA, the lads being lads stuff doesn't wash

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

They are, but 2 18 yr olds celebrating their England debuts with a “bang” is hardly the worst thing

There's a bit more to it to be fair that makes a fair bit worse. They're not just violating England's camp rules and quarantine, they are also violating Iceland's rules around quarantining and therefore risking it spreading either to the England camp or in to Iceland if they are carriers and unaware. Also aside from the general global pandemic stuff, Foden has a longtime girlfriend and a kid at home, which makes it that bit extra scummy.

They're both idiots simply.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

2 Man City players have tested as well today, is a chance Foden has been in contact with them at training

He’ll be praying he has to isolate away from his gf when he gets back to England 😂

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I find the description of Foden and Greenwood’s antics weird’: why do supposedly reputable news outlets keep referring to the women they hooked up with as ‘girls’? If they were under age, I think we have a different scandal.

Age of consent is 15 in Iceland, if they are girls it might not be illegal. They are both also teenagers as well 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Age of consent is 15 in Iceland, if they are girls it might not be illegal. They are both also teenagers as well 

Ah: I’ve learned something!

it’s the demeaning language that gets me, really. I suppose I’m missing the point of the story, but these throwaway lines reflect last journalism. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I find the description of Foden and Greenwood’s antics weird’: why do supposedly reputable news outlets keep referring to the women they hooked up with as ‘girls’? If they were under age, I think we have a different scandal.

Because that's the media, the response to it has been "lads" though not men 

I understand where you're coming from, the suggestion that women who go back to men's hotel rooms can be put down and belittled and therefore called girls as a derogatory term, as if to suggest that they were immature or maybe even not knowing fully what they were doing, its not right but its common, it's properly outdated, I'm sure those girls knew a hell of a lot more about what they were doing than the 2 boys... 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Getting drunk during an office party is not the worst thing.

Getting drunk during a month of abstinence on the first week on the job (which is effectively what this is) is sackable.

So on their first call up they think its OK to break a rule thats been brought in to protect not just them but the other players and team members in the squad. Its a bit disrespectful to the management team so would expect them top find it difficult to force their way in to the next squad selection.

• Like 2

Â