Iceland v England/Denmark v England

andykeenan

3 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Just been listening to the post-game analysis and I've realised that there must have been another England game going on tonight that I missed.

it sounds like that one was a much better game, perhaps I should have watched that.

The excuses the media come up with for him are incredible. But those excuses never seem to apply to the other teams manager.

5 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

The excuses the media come up with for him are incredible. But those excuses never seem to apply to the other teams manager.

Iceland were missing 5 or 6 starters from the squad. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Iceland were missing 5 or 6 starters from the squad. 

So were England.  Although that was because the manager chose not to play them in most cases.  Pickford, Dier, Ward-Prowse are not starters in anyone’s mind but his.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Genie said:

I know I’m biased but that game was absolutely made for Grealish. At HT Southgate should have seen that someone to run at Iceland would make things happen.

Oh no, Redknapp agrees with me

8-AEAD793-95-F7-403-D-BFD7-36903274003-B

Rookies Phil Foden, Jadon Sancho and Mason Greenwood. Plus greenhorns like Declan Rice and Mason Mount. We’ve seen the names being talked about.
I’m including Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish in this group even though he is 24  and a vastly experienced club player.

On Saturday night I spent most of it watching England struggle against Iceland and his name kept cropping up in my mind.

This match was crying out for him. In fact, the England team is crying out for some creativity in midfield. It’s an area where we have really lacked some zip.

I am a massive fan of Jack. I’d play him all day, every day.

To me, I do sometimes wonder if  Southgate sometimes can be a bit cautious.

This seemed all about what people couldn’t do rather than what they could do.

If we were watching any other country play, Grealish would have been on long before this game started to go stale — and that was pretty early.

The s*n

Edited by Genie

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Old Melted Candle Face isn't wrong....

Imagine how many millions of people watching were thinking the same thing. 

Jack, run at the defenders, you’ll either create a chance or get brought down for a dangerous set piece. It’s amazing how often managers manage to out think themselves and miss what is staring them in the face.

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

English media are massive vile hypocrites.

Screenshot_2020-09-06 The dirty trick Colombia used in attempt to sabotage Kane's England penalty.png

Screenshot_2020-09-06 Roy Keane brands Ward-Prowse 'a cheat' for penalty spot antics vs Iceland.png

I don’t understand the fuss, JWP barely did anything. He just stood on the penalty spot. He didn’t dig it up or anything. Even if he did, the penalty taker is perfectly obliged to tread the surface to how he wants it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Bullshit, if was other way around Bjarnason be on the front page of all the media and his home address be posted encouraging to abuse him

Have to agree, he would have been vilified by the press.

ward-Prowse intentionally trod hard on the penalty spot - it was cheating nothing less than that. 

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Foden and Greenwood apparently caught taking girls back to the hotel breaking the teams covid bubble

Hypocrite Southgate incoming... 

You can see it a mile off. They should be isolating now and/or sent home. Get our Jackie boy in.

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Foden and Greenwood apparently caught taking girls back to the hotel breaking the teams covid bubble

Tension in the ranks as Kyle Walker felt left out

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Imagine if Grealish did this whilst on international duty, he'd be sent home and hung out to dry

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Â