Iceland v England/Denmark v England

andykeenan

Didn’t watch it but from what I’ve just read in here it was about as good as I expected it would be.

Southgate is a competition winner at this level. So frustrating because we have the players to be one of the most exciting sides in the world and we are going to waste it under this buffoon.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, penguin said:

Didn’t watch it but from what I’ve just read in here it was about as good as I expected it would be.

Southgate is a competition winner at this level. So frustrating because we have the players to be one of the most exciting sides in the world and we are going to waste it under this buffoon.

How can we soar like eagles when we’re led by a turkey? 

• Haha 1

Just been listening to the post-game analysis and I've realised that there must have been another England game going on tonight that I missed.

it sounds like that one was a much better game, perhaps I should have watched that.

• Like 4

Henderson

TAA

Gomez

Mings

Trippier

Phillips

Foden

Grealish

Sancho

Sterling

Kane

Thats what id go with for Denmark.

Foden (I really like him and hes a genuine talent imo!) and Sancho (if hes poor against the Danes, id sub greenwood at half) were poor today, but have genuine talent, get Jack in between the lines driving and slipping. With no recognized left back, Tripper has to play. Also wouldn't have Gomez in, but hes better than all the other right sided center backs.

As an aside JWP was nominated for MOTM. HAHAHAHAHA and he got 18% of the vote!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dom_Wren said:

Henderson

TAA

Gomez

Mings

Trippier

Phillips

Foden

Grealish

Sancho

Sterling

Kane

Foden (I really like him and hes a genuine talent imo!) and Sancho (if hes poor against the Danes, id sub greenwood at half) were poor today, but have genuine talent, get Jack in between the lines driving and slipping. With no recognized left back, Tripper has to play. Also wouldn't have Gomez in, but hes better than all the other right sided center backs.

Makes too much sense that. Best play 5 players out of position and go 442 when it doesnt work

• Like 1

Today showed for the 100th time England can have all the pace in the world in the front 3 but if there's no space to actually run into they're ineffectual. Needed some dribbling and guile in central areas, shame there was no-one with that skillset on the bench...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

So, Southgate bemoans Grealish not playing in his natural position for club, then plays Dier at CB, Trippier at LB. He picked 3 right backs in the squad and left arguably the best on the bench, along with TWO goalkeepers.

He's out of his depth.

Just proves he's lying to mask the real reason he wont pick him.  Either has a personal grudge against him,  or has no clue how to utilise a player with creativity. Probably both

52 minutes ago, Dom_Wren said:

Henderson

TAA

Gomez

Mings

Trippier

Phillips

Foden

Grealish

Sancho

Sterling

Kane

Like the look of that team, although I'd start Greenwood over Sancho. Sancho has now performed poorly numerous times in an England shirt. Foden was indeed not good tonight, but gets another chance as it was a debut and he definitely is a talent, but his consistency is a concern. Tbh, without Henderson we don't have a more suitable option anyway.

Despite it being blatantly obvious,  I still don't see Grealish starting against Denmark thanks to The Nose

• Like 1

Â