Loch Lomond

tomav84

Off to Edinburgh in Oct, and are organising a day trip over to Loch Lomand as it looks lovely. Has anyone been there that can recommend a good itinerary for a day that includes waterbuses to various points of interest please?

• 4 months later...

Bit late I know but the nearest I've been is Loch Ness and Findhorn.  There's a pub in Findhorn that's run by a Midlander (well it was back in around 2016).

On 24/08/2020 at 12:26, tomav84 said:

Off to Edinburgh in Oct, and are organising a day trip over to Loch Lomand as it looks lovely. Has anyone been there that can recommend a good itinerary for a day that includes waterbuses to various points of interest please?

It is lovely. Probably freezing too this time of year. We used to go to the Duck Bay Marina Hotel for food and rinks after wandering around. It's in tier 4 and shut, though, at the moment. I think a lot of things will be.

14 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

the nearest I've been is Loch Ness and Findhorn

Oh and Findhorn is absolutely bloody miles away. I went there a lot, when I was at Kinloss. It had 2 pubs IIRC, The Crown and Anchor which we used, and another one, which we didn't. Nice place for a beach walk. It's got a kind of hippy commune too. Never saw any of them mind.

1 minute ago, blandy said:

It is lovely. Probably freezing too this time of year. We used to go to the Duck Bay Marina Hotel for food and rinks after wandering around. It's in tier 4 and shut, though, at the moment. I think a lot of things will be.

Oh and Findhorn is absolutely bloody miles away. I went there a lot, when I was at Kinloss. It had 2 pubs IIRC, The Crown and Anchor which we used, and another one, which we didn't. Nice place for a beach walk. It's got a kind of hippy commune too. Never saw any of them mind.

Yeah we only went there because my wife's brother (RIP) used to be in that hippy commune :)

43 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

@blandyKimberley Arms was where we had a huge bowl of fresh mussels. May 2015.

Yeah, that’s the other one. It’s unusual for pub names to stay unchanged for so long. It was the 80s when I was up there.

• Like 1

Â