Kieran Trippier

Enda

I would be shocked if we signed Trippier, however what a signing he would be!

I hear folk saying there’d be no sell on value, however I do think at times there’s need to sign a player that would slot right into the first team. Trippier is 29 and could very easily give us 3 years good service and possibly a fourth depending on injuries/fitness levels.

if it costs us £20m for those 3 seasons, it’s not bad at all if it improves the first team and helps us to reestablish ourselves in the premier league. The rewards for retaining top flight status makes it worthwhile.

not all of our signings need to be young and unproven with the hope of cashing in at their peak. 

However, I can’t see this happening. 

• Like 2

I don't think this is going to happen, doesn't fit the model we are working to, it's too big a chunk of the budget to be throwing at a position that isn't a high priority to improve, and there's no clear reason as of yet as to why he'd want to leave Atletico where he seems very happy.

The only scenario where I can see this happening is if he's homesick, Atletico are willing to loan him for a reasonable fee and we are the most attractive offer for him to return. That's a lot of 'if's.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I hate individual speculation threads. Completely clogs up the forum.

better than having to plough through pages and pages of rubbish in the speculation thread before you get to an actual rumour.  these days it's 90٪ pointless posts about who we should buy or arguments that go massively off topic without reproach.  

• Like 3

I am shocked this has a thread. I'm not saying we're not interested, or haven't asked of his availability, but that's as far as it would go. Would make no sense for him to move to Villa, he's doing well in a strong Atleti side and from all accounts is happy in Spain. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Is every single linked player getting his own thread now?

I hope so

The main summer speculation thread I see as more of a fantasy thread full of Kenneth Williams jokes and puns

At least with individual threads you can have a quick look at the latest page or 2 to see if theres been any development 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tezzaleed said:

better than having to plough through pages and pages of rubbish in the speculation thread before you get to an actual rumour.  these days it's 90٪ pointless posts about who we should buy or arguments that go massively off topic without reproach.  

But instead we have to trawl through 3-4 pages to find a thread about a player e.g el hazi because we have so many speculation threads about players that we might nkt be interested in. We are going to be linked with so many players.

I think personally individual threads should be open when its something likw villa have had a offer accepted for example.

I find myself constantly looking at these (new) player threads and disappointed when I see "speculation" next to their names :( 

Would love this to happen and I can't imagine many supporters unhappy if we did sign him - Unfortunately just can't see it.

To be honest we have more important positions in the team to fill first. 

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I do wonder how this rumours start. I suspect this is 100% bs but once one paper picks it  up, they all do and suddenly it is  being discussed. Why would he come to Villa unless he was very homesick?

I heard a rumour...

Also, of the 25 topics on the first page of this forum, only FOUR of them are for individual players regarding transfers. 

I don't think that counts as clogging up!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I find myself constantly looking at these (new) player threads and disappointed when I see "speculation" next to their names :( 

It usually starts off in the transfer speculation thread.

Then if enough ground gathers or another reputable link emerges on a said player then it moves into its own thread.

All individual player threads have to start off as 'speculation' but those buttons can quickly be adjusted to say 'player' the moment that they sign.

Hope that explains it a bit better mate.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Also, of the 25 topics on the first page of this forum, only FOUR of them are for individual players regarding transfers. 

I don't think that counts as clogging up!

And you can click on the topics you want to read too.

• Like 1