Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

Just now, villan-scott said:

Yeah Nixon again. Named us, Palace and West Ham I think. 

Oh, no real info there though just a baseless mention. No word of a bid, agreed fee or personal terms.... there’s just too much BS out there.

I’d love it, just can’t see it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Oh, no real info there though just a baseless mention. No word of a bid, agreed fee or personal terms.... there’s just too much BS out there.

I’d love it, just can’t see it.

Yep, precisely this! I’d say this one should have been sent over to other football long ago. 

Dean Smith has revealed how Mbwana Samatta "reluctantly agreed to go" to Fenerbahce after telling the striker his game-time at Villa would be limited.

The Tanzanian only signed at the back-end of January and, just 16 appearances later, he's left to join the Turkish giants on a permanent four-year deal.

Samatta, 27, scored just two goals (both headers) in 16 games - one on his Premier League debut at Bournemouth and another at Wembley in the Carabao Cup final in March.

Since then, though, lockdown commenced and a barren goal-drought followed as Samatta failed to score in any of Villa's final 10 games as they eventually clinched survival.

Smith, meanwhile, went out and signed £33 million Ollie Watkins this summer while it's believed £19 million addition Bertrand Traore can play as a No.9 if needed. Keinan Davis, 22, signed a new four-year deal just last week, too.

"I think it was the right decision in the end," Smith said of Samatta's move to Fenerbahce. "He couldn’t be guaranteed minutes here and we’ve paid out a record amount of money for Ollie Watkins, who we believe is going to be a top striker here.

"Keinan Davis has signed a new contract as well and we have Wesley to come back in the new year.

"We just can’t stockpile players and we had an offer from Fenerbahce and I think Ally reluctantly agreed to go.

"We’re disappointed it didn’t work out how we all wanted because he’s a good player and a really good lad.

"But the club has moved on from that and we wish him well in his career now."

Samatta trained with his new club on Friday and penned an emotional message to his former employers: "I wish to thank Aston Villa for giving me the opportunity to fulfill my dream of playing in the Premier League.

"A special thanks to all Villans for the amazing support you gave me during my time at the club. I wish you all the best of luck for the rest of the season."

As for the boss, he was asked whether he's short up front given he has just Watkins and Davis as out-and-out strikers to chose from in a situation that mirrored last season when he went with Wesley, Davis and Jonathan Kodjia.

"I don’t believe (we're short) because we also have Traore who can play there as well. He’s a player whose positions have been wide right or centre forward so if needs be, we’ve certainly got one who can play there as well."

Smith added: "We want to add goals from all of our forward-thinking players. Jack (Grealish) had his most productive season last year in terms of goals and assists and Trezeguet scored six I think last season. We want our goals to come from all areas but we’re hoping Ollie can be that player that can come good."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Is there a reason why we cant stockpile like teams like chelsea with a 40 plus squad or is it just the Owners saying nope get rid, sell and can have more??

Chelsea don't anymore after new rules came in. They had a big old clear out a few years ago and they tend to let go of more than they sign now

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mods are Rashicist 

I fully agree, have things changed at all? The seclusion of left-footed Croatian footballers linked to Aston Villa is still a disgrace, have we learned nothing ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Pretty much what I've been saying over and over with people demanding loads more signings. I'll use this as reply in future

Too be fair I don’t think people, from what I’ve read on this board, are asking for stockpiling of players. The comments I’ve seen are just opinions on which positions people think need more signings to better the squad and add quality depth, not adding bodies for the sake of adding bodies.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

No idea why this hasn’t been locked we aren’t signing a forward of his value after buying Watkins and no solid links to him since we signed Watkins either.

I don’t understand this Stasi like attitude that s everything should be shut down if it doesn’t tow the party line. This is basically an online debating society, let people debate. Nobody is forced into reading a thread.  There is only a week until the end of the window anyway. 

• Like 2

A out and out striker is not a pressing matter. We’re not going to buy him for 30-40m on the off chance Watkins gets a long term injury. Think Dean is spot on.

Still expecting another 1-2 signings though.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rayk said:

I don’t think we’d be stockpiling players if we bought Edouard. Davis goes out on loan and Watkins plays left inside forward, and Edouard plays through the middle.

So Smith is just making stuff up when he said we broke our transfer record on Watkins who he believes is going to be a top striker here?

Â