Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

45 minutes ago, paul514 said:

He is surely on the move after the result today and the possibility they didn't want him cup tied or to get injured (even though that was the stated reason for leaving him out)

The cup tie rule was changed last season, he would still be ok to play in group stage for another club if he had played last night

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pete101 said:

The cup tie rule was changed last season, he would still be ok to play in group stage for another club if he had played last night

Ty that is info I didn't know 

7 hours ago, SeanVilla said:

https://www.talkceltic.net/forums/threads/odsonne-edouard.145880/page-362

I found this one. No mention of us though. Says they hope for a bidding war.

Blimey, have you tried viewing this on a phone? I know the Scotch love to count their pennies but the screen is 98.9% ads (and then something about Irn-Bru).

ITK silliness yes, but I have it on good authority Celtic need to sell and raise at least £15m this summer.

That was before they lost tonight which is a great result if we are in for him.

Not sure who else they have that they can raise money with to be honest.

From what I've seen I think I'd prefer Watkins to be honest. Haven't seen much of Eduoard though.

10 hours ago, rayk said:

Yes that is the risk but I’m hoping Rodgers will have to offload a ST (Iheanacho) first?

Problem is, Leicester seem to value the player they are looking to replace, at very near to the amount that Celtic are reported to want for the player they may well want to replace him with. That's a problem for them and for Iheanacho, as well as anyone who may be interested in taking him off their hands.. 

10 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

Main reason I want us to sign him is that the Celtic fans will have a complete meltdown

They still despise us and get proper salty after we took Rodgers 😂

My impression is that Celtic fans despise everyone cause they are stuck in the SPL. 

13 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

Main reason I want us to sign him is that the Celtic fans will have a complete meltdown

The main reason I want us to sign him is because our current strikers can't score any **** goals.

I think our argument is more compelling 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

From what I've seen I think I'd prefer Watkins to be honest. Haven't seen much of Eduoard though.

I thinknit boils down to....

Edouard looks pure class (in Scotland)

Watkins looks pure class (in the championship)

Question is, how will either translate to the Prem?

Personally I would like both, from watching bits of them it seems to me either could play anywhere along the front 3 if required, although both would almost certainly prefer the striker role.

Edouard would probably demand the steiker role, where as I reckon watkins would prefer the striker role but would be happy to play anywhere across the front 3 if he got games.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

Personally I would like both, from watching bits of them it seems to me either could play anywhere along the front 3 if required, although both would almost certainly prefer the striker role.

Edouard would probably demand the steiker role, where as I reckon watkins would prefer the striker role but would be happy to play anywhere across the front 3 if he got games.

This. I think we need both to be honest.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Agree with all of this. 

50 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

Talking of Salty and taking Managers.  I began working at a college in Leicester not long after Little had moved from Leicester to Villa.   I walked out of the staff room drinking from my Villa mug right into a group of students.  

Few shouts of abuse and turn around and walked back into the staff room.

Was an interesting year :)

41 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I agree but to be fair to Edouard he has pedigree coming from the PSG academy and has a top notch U21 record.

I agree that getting in both would be great.

Who reckons when Wes gets fit we’d play a front three of Watkins, Wes and Edouard?

Â