Forgotten Obscure & Odd Transfers

BleedClaretAndBlue

Vieira, Sylvinho and Maicon to City was weird though I saw a video the other day of David Pizarro scoring for them. No idea when he played for them 😂

Delph was another one, was nowhere near the quality for City

One's that always spring to my mind...

Julien Faubert to Real Madrid from West Ham (loan)

Martin Braithwaite to Barcelona (formerly Boro)

Whilst on about Middlesbrough, they put an offer in for Ronaldinho Sky Sports

Scott Carson to Man City

Steven Caulker to Liverpool (loan)

QPR going on a mad one signing players like Julio Ceser, Bosinwga, Park Ji-Sung, Loic Remy, Esteban Granero etc

Kyle Lafferty to Palermo

1 hour ago, MCU said:

QPR going on a mad one signing players like Julio Ceser, Bosinwga, Park Ji-Sung, Loic Remy, Esteban Granero etc

Remember that dick head who bought qpr at the time talking about new stadiums, training grounds, champions league at the same time

They had just signed rob green to be first choice keeper when they gave Cesar an insane contract, £120k a week I think, then sacked mark Hughes and gave Redknapp the job who signed chris samba on 100k a week 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Remember that dick head who bought qpr at the time talking about new stadiums, training grounds, champions league at the same time

They had just signed rob green to be first choice keeper when they gave Cesar an insane contract, £120k a week I think, then sacked mark Hughes and gave Redknapp the job who signed chris samba on 100k a week 

Im fairness sounds a bit like Xia

6 hours ago, sne said:

You always get some fun transfer when a smaller club is bought by a rich guy. Like when that billionaire bought Anzi Makhawhatever in Russia and signed Roberto Carlos, Etoo, Chris Samba and hired Guus Hiddink as manager.

That didn't last many years :D 

Bloody hell I forgot all about that project.  What happened to them?

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Bloody hell I forgot all about that project.  What happened to them?

The owner got done for for price fixing in one of his other businesses and lost a load of money

6 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Torres to Chelsea was funny. 50 million for a player everybody knew was now just an exotic Troy Deeney

His time at Chelsea was a disaster only managing to win the FA Cup,  Champions League, Europa League, and the European Championships for Spain.

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The region had a war as well didn't it? 

From memory the whole area they were based was a warzone already, they didn't have a stadium, iirc they played like 1000 miles away from Dagestan in the national stadium instead 

Edit - that played games in Dagestan (formerly Chechnya) but trained in Moscow, arriving and leaving for games in Dagestan on match day

Hardly a solid footing to build a footballing superpower

Edited by Jimzk5

Â