What are the greatest sporting records

colhint

Watching the golf last night and Dustin Johnson was -11 through 11 holes. Genuinely thought we were on for a 57. Not seen before. He parred the last 7 holes to finish on 60. 

It's a record in itself surely to be -11 through 11 and then par the last 7 holes!

Frankel the Horse. I know its an odd one, but simply theres never been anything like it 

The only horse to have a perfect 140 rating, and only 1 of 2 to retire unbeaten.

He ran 14 races, and won them by a combined 77 lengths. Including the 200 Guineas which is as close to a horse 'jogging' across the finish line you will ever see:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gillz said:

Frankel the Horse. I know its an odd one, but simply theres never been anything like it

Good call. Amazing beast!

On a lower level, Enable has done very well. 3x King Georges and 2x Arcs. Add a Breeders Cup as well and many more Group 1's. A third Arc would cap off an amazing career

Red Rum with 3x Grand Nationals as well. Plus was it 2x second places as well? Staggering really. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kidlewis said:

Pretty sure the discuss hasn’t been broken for some time 

Set by an East German in the 80s. Not impressed. (along with the womens 100, 200, 400, and 800 steroid and wind records)

Edited by Tegis

Run on the track like Jesse Owens, broke the record flowing, without any knowing, that my word play won the 400m relay, it's on, once I grab the baton from the DJ.

What an athlete Jesse Owens was. And to do it in Berlin, Germany, at the time he did. Sen-****!ng-sational!

• 2 weeks later...

Watch the incredible moment Brazilian surfer Maya Gabeira breaks her own world record for the largest wave surfed by a woman after riding a 73.5 foot wave at Praia do Norte in Portugal.

It's also the largest wave ridden by any surfer this year. 

Wave
—————-

This is pretty awesome

My mate Steve still holds the UK High Jump record.  2m 37, He did it in 1992 and 1993. Someone has equalled it but it is yet to be beaten in 28 years. He also still holds the Uk Indoor record at 2m 38 set in 1994

I think the early '90s were when that sport peaked

• Like 1

Â