The Phantom Villa XI

Chindie

5 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Then O’Dreary realised he wasn’t going be be able to spend real money haha! I hated him managing us. 'Honest bunch of lads' got on my nerves week in week out!

Grant McCann and Thomas Sorensen was the extent of our signings that summer I think.

Just remembered we were heavily linked with a young Steve Mandanda waaaay back.

That issue of Shoot magazine with the **** front page April's Fool article about David Platt coming back that even had that arsehole doing a faux photoshoot and everything.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Wes Hoolahan... wasn’t he mentioned a lot when Lambert was here?

Pretty sure it was him who went as far as scoring against us and not celebrating after being heavily linked to us.

Edited by Hornso
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Xela said:

Then we were linked with Sneijder, we were also linked with some of the Dutch youth world cup winning team I think? Drenthe.

Yes, in the MON era. I do remember this one too.

Nothing much came of it though despite a summer of interest.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Teddy sheringham was another I think, wouldn't pay the money millwall wanted so we signed cascarino instead 

What a sliding doors moment that was. We’d surely have won the title if we’d signed sheringham instead. Or even if we just hadn’t signed anyone...

23 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Yeah I know - don’t know where I got Grant from.

I think he’s managing Hull atm so you’ve maybe seen his name on the TV. You would have seen his name pop up more recently than Gavin.

9 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Just remembered we were heavily linked with a young Steve Mandanda waaaay back.

That issue of Shoot magazine with the **** front page April's Fool article about David Platt coming back that even had that arsehole doing a faux photoshoot and everything.

1994 that was 

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

Shearer ? 

Yes I remember that, it was when Ruud Gullit was manager, There were two other players involved apparently coming our way with Shearer from Newcastle as well for £21 million.

9 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

I'd completely forgotten about that! 

11 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Pretty sure thats the last time a club was done for an illegal approach.

They're all at it these days, seems commonplace and accepted 

Liverpool got done over Van Dijk 

Â