Jaden Philogene

Kingman

On 03/03/2021 at 10:04, useless said:

All our wingers have done well enough, Grealish is one one of the best in the world, and you won't find many with better stats than the others outside the top five or six teams.  It's asking a lot for an academy player that's only just turned nineteen to be immediately deemed a better option. I'm pretty sure that there's a plan in place for him to progress to the first team and that will be in part what convinced him to sign a deal with us, as seeminly there was no shortage of other options for him had he thought it unlikely he'd be given a chance with us.

I think the biggest issue is the game is generally closer contact today and subsequently more physical.....a young player needs to be physically developed to have a chance.

But we have to remind ourselves that Andy Gray made his debut for us at 19, Gary Shaw was introduced at 17, Trevor Francis came on the scene at 16.....all front men where the boots fly.....Gareth Barry was 18 IIRC.

In todays football, Saka and Emile Smith Rowe are just a tender age with Phil foden, similar.....all pulling up trees and making a significant mark in the premier league.

So we need to be careful in our evaluations......They might be good prospects, but they should be tapping the door, if they are as good and some folk value them to be.

• Like 1

From his instagram looks as though he and Filip Marschall were at the Newcastle game today, Filip was on the pitch warming up before the game. Seems that taking U23 players to games, even if they don't make the bench, is a thing that we're now doing to slowly introduce them to the first team; Mark Delaney was saying in his latest interview on the website that whereas previously the U23 players had a day here and there training with the first team some of them, Kesler Hayden, Philogene-Bidace, and Chukwuemeka were the ones mentioned, are now spending weeks at a time with the first team, going to games, and becoming involved with the preparation for first team fixtures in terms of all the tactical planning that has to go into games at premier league level and so on.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

No the season is finished and we have nothing to play for id like to see some youngsters like JPB given some game time.

Smith had opportunities to give Kesler some minutes but has no trust in him and sticks with elmo who is leaving in the summer anyway

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

I think that'll change now that the faint Hope's of Europe have gone.

I agree, though I suspect the hopes of Europe won't have gone until we've played at least of couple of our games against Spurs and Everton.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

No the season is finished and we have nothing to play for id like to see some youngsters like JPB given some game time.

Smith had opportunities to give Kesler some minutes but has no trust in him and sticks with elmo who is leaving in the summer anyway

I’ll be surprised if Smith takes this tactic, he’ll be pushing until the end of the season to gain the highest place.  With 11 games still to go I think it’s way too early to start testing, I’m guessing it’ll be at least another 5 or6 games before anything like that will be considered if at all.

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

I’ll be surprised if Smith takes this tactic, he’ll be pushing until the end of the season to gain the highest place.  With 11 games still to go I think it’s way too early to start testing, I’m guessing it’ll be at least another 5 or6 games before anything like that will be considered if at all.

I agree with what you say, but he is not going to get much higher with the team I saw last night.

10 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I agree with what you say, but he is not going to get much higher with the team I saw last night.

Maybe, maybe not.  

Grealish and Cash back soon will help.  

Form could change for any reason, I mean who would’ve thought we would be this bad 3 months ago.

Also the teams around us aren’t exactly flying either....Liverpool have lost, isn’t 6, home games on the trot.  Who knows with Arsenal. Spurs seem to have picked up some form but they can be patchy.  So it’s not just down to us.

It does seem we’ll end up between 8th and 10th given the table at the moment.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

5 points off 6th with a game in hand and 10 games to go and the seasons finished ?

I’m glad the team didn’t have this attitude when 7 points from safety with 4 games left. 

As for Kesler. He couldn’t handle Burnley’s kids, don’t think he’s quite ready for the Premier League just yet. 

10 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Can he really be any worse than Trezeguet?

I think we under estimate the physical side of the game....I am not convinced we are particularly blessed in this dep't.

I could be wrong, but they have to demonstrate, they can withstand challenges, not sure if Dean is ready to put them to the test.

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

5 points off 6th with a game in hand and 10 games to go and the seasons finished ?

I’m glad the team didn’t have this attitude when 7 points from safety with 4 games left. 

As for Kesler. He couldn’t handle Burnley’s kids, don’t think he’s quite ready for the Premier League just yet. 

It is finished. We had a great opportunity with the fixtures we had brighton Newcastle Burnley wolves and sheff utd.  And we mustered a pathetic 3 points out of that

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It is finished. We had a great opportunity with the fixtures we had brighton Newcastle Burnley wolves and sheff utd.  And we mustered a pathetic 3 points out of that

Bet you said the same thing last season. I did to be fair. Learnt to have a little bit more faith. 

23 hours ago, May-Z said:

So how do we say this? Fill-oh-jean bid-ace (as in playing card)? Or a bit of Italian flair and go with fill-oh-jean bid-atch-ay?

Sounds like an intimate moment between Phil and Jean!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Â