Jaden Philogene

Kingman

29 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

This type of stuff will happen occasionally. Just have to live with it. One of Spurs' top defensive prospects in their academy decided to go to MLS last year and has since been signed by Bologna.

About 2 summers a go I think spurs lost their top prospect in 3 age groups, 1 to lyon, 1 to PSV and 1 to utd 

The PSV one is madueke, lyon is reo Griffiths, not sure on the 3rd one

Man City lost bynoe gittens to dortmund and the kids who's name I can't spell to bayern

I think there is now so much money in the PL that some of these kids have got the confidence to go abroad knowing that they can come back in 2 years for £10m+ to even the bottom place team, no fear around it and that's a great thing 

It happens.

I take the view, that if he thinks he would have made it with us, he would have stayed...and if money comes in to it, this early, I am not disappointed.

moving around at such a young age is iffy IMO.

I don't know the full circumstances, but I bet there was an agenda of some sort.

Edited by TRO

I'd wait until we get some official news, seems that the 'AVFC Faithful' account have said that things are going to happen in the past, and those thing haven't happened, and their response has been, 'people think that nothing can change in football'; with that caveat you can say pretty much whatever you want and you've got an excuse if it doesn't happen.

Meh. It can happen. We've done it to numerous clubs in the recent revamp of the academy so cannot grumble if it happens to us occasionally.

Always better to keep hot prospects if you can but some will always slip through.

Doubt the replys would be as flippant if the rumour was that we were going to lose Barry or Chukwuemeka, can only imagine that some don't realise how highly rated Philogene-Bidace is or how well he's been performing for our U23s. Not someone we want to be losing, and not really something you can dismiss as 'it happens', as it then sets a trend for other younsters to leave. Really hope that the rumours aren't true.

• Like 4

This guy is usually spot on with things regarding Belgium, if he says Brugge have only scouted Philogene-Bidace then hopefully it's not a done deal yet,  I'd imagine he'd know if it was.

Edited by Pembers

I guess with only a one year contract signed last year, this is all part of the negotiations for a new deal. Fingers crossed we can convince him to stay with us for a few more years yet, and with the promising signs of the last 6-12 months in our academy I hold a little bit of hope we can. I can understand the shorter deals with the youngsters as if you set them up for life too early the hunger and desire to push on can subside and the player can fall down the leagues.

This sort of thing is standard for promising young players, I recall the same happened with Jack when he was a youngster, he was regularly linked with Man Utd he still is to this day. If someone looks promising then the vultures all start circling if there is a sniff of tempting them away. On the flip side it also happened with Crowley as well, so it just goes to show that they don't all work out like Jack and that highly rated youngsters don't always turn out to be great players.

3 hours ago, useless said:

Makes me wonder that our owners buying a team in Europe to send our most talented youngsters to would be a good idea if that's still possible.

It's unquestionably a good idea, since signing a regularly-playing player from a 'bigger' European league contributes a lot of work-permit points. Since it would be hard to buy a team in the top flight of France, Germany, Italy or Spain, buying a team in Belgium or Portugal is the next-best thing.

In all honesty it would be more or less negligent not to buy one at this stage.

• Like 1

There was that story of Sawiris buying a stake in Vitória Guimarães, and that came from a Guardian journalist who I think has a pretty good reputation, or at least isn't associated with making up rumors, but it suddenly went very quiet on that score. Previously there had been talk of Fortress buying Copenhagan as well.

12 minutes ago, useless said:

There was that story of Sawiris buying a stake in Vitória Guimarães, and that came from a Guardian journalist who I think has a pretty good reputation, or at least isn't associated with making up rumors, but it suddenly went very quiet on that score. Previously there had been talk of Fortress buying Copenhagan as well.

Yes, I remember the chat, and then nothing happened as you say.

No point buying a team in Denmark, playing in that league contributes almost nothing to your work-permit application:

37226666-9085785-image-a-24_160881607821

• Thanks 1

It seems that more and more young English players are moving to Europe to get first team football, once a few of them make a relative success of it then of course that's going to catch the eyes of other youngsters still in English academies and make them wonder 'reet then could aye do the same?'. If we're to stop it happening to us we're going to have to start giving our youth more of a chance, or if possible have somewhere where we can send them.

Just now, Spoony said:

A J and an A and a D and an E. An N and a P and an H and an I. An L and an O and a G and an E. A N and an E and a dash and B. An I and a D and an A-C-E. Jaden, Philogene-Bidace 🎶

Very catchy! Also has the benefit that it'll be 90 minutes of constant noise from the fans. A couple of blasts of this and the game will be over!

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

A J and an A and a D and an E. An N and a P and an H and an I. An L and an O and a G and an E. A N and an E and a dash and B. An I and a D and an A-C-E. Jaden, Philogene-Bidace 🎶

I'm not convinced most of our fans will be able to spell his name so i think this is a non-runner 😀

Football Insider now linking him with Barcelona, Paris Saint Germain and Borussia Dortmund, not the most reliable of sources usually, but they have been first with bits of news about our academy in the past, they were the first to report that Davis had been given a new contract, and that we were letting O'Hare leave.

Only thing I'm not sure makes sense about it though, is that if he was good enough for those clubs to all want him, then surely he would have been good enough to make our bench by now, it's not as if he's still only sixteen or seventeen, he turns nineteen this year, so those clubs probably wouldn't want him for their academies.

I read somewhere that before joining us he was turned down by fifteen other clubs including Brentford, we were the only ones that gave him a chance, so hopefully that's something that he considers, although if he can't see himself getting into our team and an opportunity presents itself for him to get first team football elsewhere, then not sure if you can blame him for taking that opportunity.

If he at least stays this window will be interesting to see if they try and integrate him into more match day squads between now and the end of the season in order to try and convince him to sign a longer term deal.

The several times I’ve seen him for the u23s he’s been a standout. We really should do a lot to try and keep him, whilst also not getting in to a Hudson-Odoi situation at Chelsea. We don’t want to set a precedent where kids are asking for £15k per week plus. He’s a very big talent though, and it would be shite to lose him. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, useless said:

We can expect Easah Suliman to report back from his scouting mission any day now.

55 minutes ago, useless said:

Only thing I'm not sure makes sense about it though, is that if he was good enough for those clubs to all want him, then surely he would have been good enough to make our bench by now, it's not as if he's still only sixteen or seventeen, he turns nineteen this year, so those clubs probably wouldn't want him for their academies.

I might be wrong, but I don't think he ended up coming through any academy system at all, so in certain areas he's probably still quite raw for his age. For his career, in fairness to him, he's only been with us for a year and a bit and by the sound of his history he's a talented but wilful boy - it wouldn't be too surprising if he decided to try his luck elsewhere. That said, when the list of clubs starts to include the European giants, I'm a little more convinced that it's agent smoke.

Edit: Looks like he actually joined us in Jan 2018 and that when he signed then there was a lot of talk about big clubs being interested - maybe it's just how he does things?

Â