Jaden Philogene

Kingman

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

I love this kid.  Bags of pace, skill, and determination.  He will push ahead of El Ghazi in the pecking order before the end of the season.  

Think at RW he already would be.

Buendia>Bailey*>Bertie>Bidace>AEG>Trez

LW he clearly isn't, I didn't see enough of Bidace at youth to see what he's like there. He drifted a bit in the preseason and (I think) Wycombe games.

Bailey>AEG>Young>Bidace is how I'd expect LW to go.

*Can't see there being many opportunities for Bailey on the right though as he'll be starter in the left for sure

After the display against Chelsea, I don’t see the worry in starting him or any of the youngster. He show he can do it at highest levels. Archer showed a lot with his start. 
Technically this guy is better than El Ghazi, with us not having Bailey for a while, he should get some game time.

He's come on leaps and bounds and looks ready for more first team football. It's a pity at the moment that the switch in formation has left us with a load of talented wingers and nowhere to put them - be interesting to see how that changes over the course of the season. When we do play with wingers, it's going to be a fight to play when you're competing with Buendia, Bailey, Traore and El Ghazi, but he's definitely got something about him.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's come on leaps and bounds and looks ready for more first team football. It's a pity at the moment that the switch in formation has left us with a load of talented wingers and nowhere to put them - be interesting to see how that changes over the course of the season. When we do play with wingers, it's going to be a fight to play when you're competing with Buendia, Bailey, Traore and El Ghazi, but he's definitely got something about him.

Yep you can see even since the Bristol City friendly he has improved.  The stoke game the other night he played left wing and was devestating . As in Grealish levels of devestating.  Nowhere near Grealish talent at the moment but what he does have that Jack has never had is finishing. He has a great shot on him. I think he has a massive future and that i think he has rendered Anwar redundant now ie when we sell Anwar there will be a ready made replacement. And if any of that Todd Cantwell interest was true then i reckon he has killed that off as well. Seems to have grown 3 inches since last season as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

you are right.....but right now, the formation is working. I say go with the flow......Dean will know when to tweak it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Yep you can see even since the Bristol City friendly he has improved.  The stoke game the other night he played left wing and was devestating . As in Grealish levels of devestating.  Nowhere near Grealish talent at the moment but what he does have that Jack has never had is finishing. He has a great shot on him. I think he has a massive future and that i think he has rendered Anwar redundant now ie when we sell Anwar there will be a ready made replacement. And if any of that Todd Cantwell interest was true then i reckon he has killed that off as well. Seems to have grown 3 inches since last season as well. 

Ramsey has saved us 30million and allowed us to move Connor on.

JPB should save us a Cantwell type signing + probably allow El Ghazi to move on. Really exciting times.

Obviously when you look at other good youngsters at Chelsea and co, I do have a nagging worry that he needs to play top level football NOW to fulfil his potential, otherwise he may become another wasted talent. 

I trust Dean Smith and the team, but he is clearly too good for u23 football now.

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

Ramsey has saved us 30million and allowed us to move Connor on.

JPB should save us a Cantwell type signing + probably allow El Ghazi to move on. Really exciting times.

Obviously when you look at other good youngsters at Chelsea and co, I do have a nagging worry that he needs to play top level football NOW to fulfil his potential, otherwise he may become another wasted talent. 

I trust Dean Smith and the team, but he is clearly too good for u23 football now.

He is too good for u23 now but he isnt too good for first team squad training. And i think the likes of Aaron Danks working with him will be giving him alot of benefits. Jaden is a street footballer . He does things naturally.  Bit like Eze at Palace. Keeping the good bits of his skillset and removing rhe bad bits needs the high level coaching  environment. As you can see from the 3 stars of the youth cup winners last year Barry Raikhy and Young are barely getting playing time . And will be stagnating . 

• Like 1

He's only 19, still learning his trade and be patience. We're developing him well, clearly come on leap and bounds each games he plays. Guess he will train with the first team & play the U23 games. Could go out on loan in Jan. Then he be ready to take over El Ghazi's spot next season 

13 hours ago, useless said:

Raikhy was getting game time, he was starting matches and making an impression, but has been ill the last few weeks, Young has also been getting thirty minutes or so in the last few games and his two goals in the EFL Trophy should help him get more chances, both of those are way better off where they are than playing for our U23s which is what would see them stagnate, as we've seen with so many of our youngsters in the past when we've kept them in the U23s for too long.

Barry's situation is different, but it's still relatively early in his loan, even if we have to recall him in him in January I doubt you could say that he's stagnated, he was already extremely advanced talent wise for his age and will be learning whilst at Ipswich, he's played 190 minutes for Ipswich's first team, which frankly will teach him more about football than he would have learned if he'd have played every game for our U23s, it's not ideal that he hasn't played more but if that continues to be the case we can recall him in January.

As for Philogene-Bidace he's too good for the U23s, but isn't really a U23 player anymore, him playing against Stoke was a one off, same with Carney Chukwuemeka.

No, no, six weeks of a teenager not getting a game is stagnation… welcome to the modern world where everything must happen immediately or it’s a failure!

It's likely that we'll keep him until January at the very least and see how he is doing in training in trying to push fr first-team minutes; if he isn't getting too much by then I think we'll send him on loan.

Â