Jaden Philogene

Kingman

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

With Bailey and Watkins being fit it's not like we're losing a starter here. Hopefully he won't be out long 

Did anything happen about that rumour that Watkins has another injury?

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Watkins is out, or so the rumours go. 

I’m not so sure he’s out, but has a hernia which will require an op to fix. That was how I took the rumour anyway.

Hope the boot is just precautionary for JPB 🤞🏻

5 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I’m not so sure he’s out, but has a hernia which will require an op to fix. That was how I took the rumour anyway.

Hope the boot is just precautionary for JPB 🤞🏻

They all ought to be wearing them the rate, they are going down.

2 hours ago, messi11 said:

He was in such great form, feel bad for him. Hopefully its not as bad as it looks

It probably isn't that bad. A boot is just a precaution. But it means he can put weight on it which rules out any serious ligament or bone damage. Probably just a minor sprain or something. 

Edited by MotoMkali

• 2 weeks later...

Jaden's injury was badly timed as 90 minutes vs Chelsea (even if  their reserves) would have represented a real challenge and litmus test to his capability in the prem. Tomorrow may come round a bit too soon but it would be great to see him or Carney get the chance to test themselves against top class opposition over the course of an entire game.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, ZL- said:

Jaden's injury was badly timed as 90 minutes vs Chelsea (even if  their reserves) would have represented a real challenge and litmus test to his capability in the prem. Tomorrow may come round a bit too soon but it would be great to see him or Carney get the chance to test themselves against top class opposition over the course of an entire game.

It's not a test he needs to take yet. With the depth we have on the wing, he needs to be introduced at the right pace for his development and shouldn't be judged harshly if he doesn't make the grade right now against a team of that quality. 

34 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It's not a test he needs to take yet. With the depth we have on the wing, he needs to be introduced at the right pace for his development and shouldn't be judged harshly if he doesn't make the grade right now against a team of that quality. 

I do agree and wouldn't like people to see criticise if he came up short vs the champions league holders but would personally like to see him in case of any surprises to the upside. Certain young players are completely unphased by the opposition and can make a name for themselves vs big opposition (think Grealish vs Liverpool in FA cup semi final).

Â