Jaden Philogene

Kingman

21 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Jay-Den Fill-O-Jean Bid-Ace.

And he's a box of tricks, he's an absolute joy to watch. 

He might end up being an Ashley Young type of player.

I refuse. I will choose to pronounce it zha-don fil-ozh-on-ay bee-da-chay and you can’t stop me. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting that we played mostly the senior players yesterday against Wycombe, but Philogene-Bidace played the second half, he and Jacob Ramsey were the only youngsters that took part. I thought he might go out on loan, same age as Ramsey when he went on loan to Doncaster, but with the fixture congestion we're going to get, he might get a chance next season as a squad member.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Interesting that we played mostly the senior players yesterday against Wycombe, but Philogene-Bidace played the second half, he and Jacob Ramsey were the only youngsters that took part. I thought he might go out on loan, same age as Ramsey when he went on loan to Doncaster, but with the fixture congestion we're going to get, he might get a chance next season as a squad member.

I’d like to think both still will go out on loan as otherwise we’re not getting enough of the right transfers in.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Seeing a few clips of him, seems to have excellent ball control. Also youth level seems a little bit too easy for him. At 18 now he needs to be playing against men. If we're to learn from past mistakes I think a loan is needed.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

If he stays I think he'll play in the EFL trophy and possibliy the EFL cup as well, and then it might be a question of whether he can do well enough in those games to win a place in the squad, if we sign another winger that will be that player plus Grealish, Trezeguet and El Ghazi ahead of him for the wing positions, but one injury might see him next in line.

To be honest as far as I'm aware he hasn't even played much U23 football yet because of the lockdown, only turned 18 in May, can see us keeping him around and then reassessing in January

• Like 1

I'd guess that our lack of depth at winger as much as anything will mean he played yesterday. I think he's an amazing talent, but at the moment he's benefitting from being in what I think is our weakest position - ideally I'd like to see both Trezeguet and El Ghazi replaced.

Up until recently I hoped he'd play a lot of U23 football this season, he's more fun to watch than any player we've had come through in years - but since I realised that U23 football is probably going to be invisible to fans in 2020-21 I kinda hope he goes out on loan so we can at least see him occasionally.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i just looked through the highlights that were available for U23 matches on the OS, and JPB seemed to feature a lot in the highlights. Thought it`s weird that he seems to start on the bench more often than not, since he seemingly seems to be a key figure when we play good. Might be that he can go missing a lot during games, which naturally would not show up in highlights

• 2 weeks later...

It has probably been pointed out many times already, but his name sounds like something an 11 year old writing his first novel has come up with to try and sound "mature". 👁️‍🗨️

Promising reports though!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

RB Leipzig sniffing around? Eep

6 months left on his contract, English teams can't sign him yet, foreign interest out of nowhere... Sounds like the agent fishing for a new deal, remember rangers being in for RHM around this time last year

That said you look at sancho, matondo, the kid at bayern and then dortmund have another ex man City winger in their youth team, they're definitely scouting that level of English football

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

6 months left on his contract, English teams can't sign him yet, foreign interest out of nowhere... Sounds like the agent fishing for a new deal, remember rangers being in for RHM around this time last year

That said you look at sancho, matondo, the kid at bayern and then dortmund have another ex man City winger in their youth team, they're definitely scouting that level of English football

There's a world of difference between a joke club like Rangers and RB Leipzig TBF - the latter wanting on one of our youth players would require a bit of a battle on our end and is definitely a concern.

Â