Jaden Philogene

Kingman

1 hour ago, useless said:

Before the assist he read the situation very well, saw that Archer was going to lose the ball so raced to help him out, a lot of players wouldn't have thought to do that or even bothered with it being right at the end of game and the scoreline already being 5-0. Good play from him to win the penalty as well, not many players can run that fast with the ball at their feet, especially in such a congested area of the pitch as the opposition's penalty box.

This! This was the genius of the goal. The pass was sublime but everything leading up to it was genius. I agree with @TrentVilla he needs to be eased in. There's no rush. 

He'll be providing serious competition to Bailey and Buendia next season and beyond.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

But physicality is apparently an outdated concept according to some in here.

"Big man" physicality is outdated.

Football is a physical game so a players' body needs to be up to those demands.  As a kid, you're still developing and will develop at different points.

"We need a big man to be physical" is outdated.  See; Kante.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Quite. One Big Club already has him on their books!

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

He’s already at one. 

Agreed but after this summer you know there are large swathes of the great unwashed who don't realise this.

On Philogene-Bidace, I think he's been guaranteed first team action this season which is in part why we haven't rushed to sign yet another attacking wide player and also in part why he chose to stay with us instead of going to Dortmund/Leipzig/whoever.

He's a really exciting prospect.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Before the assist he read the situation very well, saw that Archer was going to lose the ball so raced to help him out, a lot of players wouldn't have thought to do that or even bothered with it being right at the end of game and the scoreline already being 5-0. Good play from him to win the penalty as well, not many players can run that fast with the ball at their feet, especially in such a congested area of the pitch as the opposition's penalty box.

Archer did well too, in realising that the situation was still alive. He knew just where to be for the return pass. If these kids all keep developing together, we’re gonna have an amazing team in a couple of years or so. 

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Archer did well too, in realising that the situation was still alive. He knew just where to be for the return pass. If these kids all keep developing together, we’re gonna have an amazing team in a couple of years or so. 

You danae win anything with kids......

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

With Bailey likely away for a bit, Traore injured too, we should be giving this lad a go.

I think Trent strikes a very cautionary note.....He will be given a go, but in increments, I suspect.

The premier league is no more physical than the lower leagues, but the physicality is more relentless...they are quicker to close you down and deny you anything.

He needs to be eased in, to come to terms with that....He will be fine, IMO because his industry, vision and pace will see him ok....his talent is there for all to see.

I think we inadvertently take our league for granted at times....its a hard, arduous, relentless campaign.....The talent is what we all see, but the more hidden mundane stuff, is also something to master.

Jaden along with  others, will be eased in and learn to cope with the rigours gradually.....Our boys have much pomp and confidence having played together...we don't want teams like Burnley, pulling all a sunder.

I think Dean will know when to play them.

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

"Big man" physicality is outdated.

Football is a physical game so a players' body needs to be up to those demands.  As a kid, you're still developing and will develop at different points.

"We need a big man to be physical" is outdated.  See; Kante.

Its not outdated Like Erling Haaland ,Michail Antonio or Lukaku?, just to mention a few....imagine playing a young centre back against them.. not just their talent, their physicality too.

I think you are confusing the theory of the old fashioned clogger, with not much talent, all muscle.....in such cases, I would agree.

And you are right, the game is physical and the higher the level the less space you find to avoid it....This premier league, is very physical and relentless with it.

Man City may be famed for their tika-taka football, but the discerning eye picks up a physically equipped team, who can mix it, if they have too.

Diminuitive players like Kante and Messi are equally equipped to deal with it ,not just with skill, but they are no shrinking violets either.

Its a huge part of the modern game.....West Ham are a good example of a team well equipped with it and its at the core of their play.

The young kids as you say are still developing and introducing them to the physical side of the game needs to be gradual in sync with their own personal growth....Dean with be well aware of that.

e.g. A young plant has to be protected from the wind/ elements, until it develops......young players are no different.

Look at our previous own JG before his intense strength building programme with Ollie Stevenson, Jack was forever going to ground, then he came back a different player.

Physicality is a crucial part of the modern game and the new rules will make it more so....but not to be confused with clogging.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its not outdated Like Erling Haaland ,Michail Antonio or Lukaku?, just to mention a few....imagine playing a young centre back against them.. not just their talent, their physicality too.

I think you are confusing the theory of the old fashioned clogger, with not much talent, all muscle.....in such cases, I would agree.

And you are right, the game is physical and the higher the level the less space you find to avoid it....This premier league, is very physical and relentless with it.

Man City may be famed for their tika-taka football, but the discerning eye picks up a physically equipped team, who can mix it, if they have too.

Diminuitive players like Kante and Messi are equally equipped to deal with it ,not just with skill, but they are no shrinking violets either.

Its a huge part of the modern game.....West Ham are a good example of a team well equipped with it and its at the core of their play.

The young kids as you say are still developing and introducing them to the physical side of the game needs to be gradual in synch with their own personal growth....Dean with be well aware of that.

e.g. A young plant has to be protected from the wind/ elements, until it develops......young players are no different.

Look at our own JG before his intense strength building programme with Ollie Stevenson, Jack was forever going to ground, then he came back a different player.

Physicality is a crucial part of the modern game and the new rules will make it more so....but not to be confused with clogging.

Kante, Fernandinho, Makelele etc as awesome and amazing as they are, are more of the exception and not the rule. I would love for us to find a small capable DM but I know it would be much easier finding the 'bigger' version.

Most capable DM's tends to be big and being tall have it's benefits attached to it.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Kante, Fernandinho, Makelele etc as awesome and amazing as they are, are more of the exception and not the rule. I would love for us to find a small capable DM but I know it would be much easier finding the 'bigger' version.

Most capable DM's tends to be big and being tall have it's benefits attached to it.

but its the JPB thread....respectfully, we have done DM's to death.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nokesy said:

It was but players like Nakamba and Conor failed to shine against lowly opposition, you can tell this lad has something 

Yeah hourihane failed to shine. He only played in 2 spectacular through balls that resulted in certain goals. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I think Trent strikes a very cautionary note.....He will be given a go, but in increments, I suspect.

The premier league is no more physical than the lower leagues, but the physicality is more relentless...they are quicker to close you down and deny you anything.

He needs to be eased in, to come to terms with that....He will be fine, IMO because his industry, vision and pace will see him ok....his talent is there for all to see.

I think we inadvertently take our league for granted at times....its a hard, arduous, relentless campaign.....The talent is what we all see, but the more hidden mundane stuff, is also something to master.

Jaden along with  others, will be eased in and learn to cope with the rigours gradually.....Our boys have much pomp and confidence having played together...we don't want teams like Burnley, pulling all a sunder.

I think Dean will know when to play them.

Yeah I'm not saying throw him to the lions against Chelsea per se, but bringing him on for 30 minutes a couple of times and if he does the business give him a start. Bailey isn't around for a while and Traore is out minimum a month. He's naturally next in line it seems to me.

• Like 1

Â