Jaden Philogene

Kingman

It’s like we’ve stuck Traore in a machine, kept the best bits, toned down the more ridiculous elements and cleaned up the rest of his game up in the process. Oh and we’ve given him a touch of pace and a second foot. 

There’s always a worry with young wingers that they’re only ever a couple of ropey performances away from signing a 4 year deal with Bromsgrove, but this one has me excited. I want to see what he can do with a start against Premier League opposition. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It’s very much individual, surely? If not, why not?

Sure it is but at the same time I don't think throwing young players into starting 11's in the PL is the way to go, which is why it rarely happens.

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Sure it is but at the same time I don't think throwing young players into starting 11's in the PL is the way to go, which is why it rarely happens.

You call it throwing in, I’d call it earning the shirt. I am in favour of the latter. But I suspect we will see more cameo roles first. 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You call it throwing in, I’d call it earning the shirt. I am in favour of the latter. But I suspect we will see more cameo roles first. 

Yes, if JPB had started v Newcastle given his career to date I'd call that throwing him in. It is the sort of thing someone like Bruce would do, it isn't in my opinion how you should bring through a talented young player.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yes, if JPB had started v Newcastle given his career to date I'd call that throwing him in. It is the sort of thing someone like Bruce would do, it isn't in my opinion how you should bring through a talented young player.

Bruce didn’t actually throw many in. He only ever did it in cup games, with the fringe players who never gave 2 hoots. We would get beat and then he could argue he gave them a chance. O’Hare was criminally under used by him in the Championship.

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I think he probably plays a bit too far up the pitch for Bruce’s liking :trollface:

He's in a perfect position to get regular minutes off of the bench without being thrown to the wolves this year, same as Carney. The both might get the odd start as well, and both have shown they can hold their own. He's really confident on the ball and a clever player. 

7 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

If they’re good enough…

3 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Just to piddle on everyone's collective bonfire.... He was up against Barrow.

He played great and looks a real talent but the performance he, and the team, put in was against very lowly opposition.

It was but players like Nakamba and Conor failed to shine against lowly opposition, you can tell this lad has something 

Â