Champions League Semifinals

JamieZ

Just love how skilled team like this are at quickly one-two pass their way out of a pressure situation and break from deep in their own area to create an opportunity at the other end.

We really need to work on this and also get players with a bit of pace in. Quicker heads and quicker feet.

Can't help but think there's going to be an asterisk against the winner of this years competition given the quarters and semis aren't over 2 legs, which obviously allows luck/variance to play a much bigger part. Particularly if Leipzig or Lyon do it, has made the games a lot more entertaining though.

18 minutes ago, penguin said:

Can't help but think there's going to be an asterisk against the winner of this years competition

There won't be. The history books will just show the winners, just like it will show liverpool won the league in '19/'20.

FWIW I think bayern are the best team in europe and I think they'll win the CL. The lack of second legs doesn't change that. 

Edited by villa89

19 minutes ago, penguin said:

Can't help but think there's going to be an asterisk against the winner of this years competition given the quarters and semis aren't over 2 legs, which obviously allows luck/variance to play a much bigger part. Particularly if Leipzig or Lyon do it, has made the games a lot more entertaining though.

Depends who wins and how much you like them

Bayern won't, psg probably will 

Liverpool will be derided for the league, not because they didn't deserve it or weren't going to win it but just because **** Liverpool fans 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, sne said:

Just love how skilled team like this are at quickly one-two pass their way out of a pressure situation and break from deep in their own area to create an opportunity at the other end.

Barcelona got mugged by Bayern over and over and over trying this. 

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Looked like the defender might have actually been clipped there but they didn't bother checking it properly. McManaman insufferable as usual spouting bollocks.

I thought that was harsh, I’ve seen lots of goals in the PL wiped for less than that. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Barcelona got mugged by Bayern over and over and over trying this. 

Nah I mean the opposite. That teams like Bayern and such are so good at only needing one or 2 quick passes to create an opportunity once they win the ball and break.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I thought that was harsh, I’ve seen lots of goals in the PL wiped for less than that. 

As always depends who it benefits. The "grey" area in VAR decisions disproportionally in the favour of the "big" clubs.

Urgh, PSG.

I mean, I really don't like Bayern, but my God I don't want to see PSG win it. Mbappé and Neymar are absolutely unbelievable players but that doesn't make up for the fact that there's just so little to like about that club.

Suppose it should be an interesting final at least. They'll test Bayern a lot more than Barca did as they have a lot more pace - I think Bayern's defence will really struggle to cope with PSG's forwards in full flow - but Bayern are just, well, Bayern.

Obviously Lyon winning would be ideal but can't see that!

Â