Mobile Phone Reception at Villa Park

sidcow

Has anyone got a phone on the EE network? 

I am on O2 and I get almost zero data reception at Villa Park on match day.  But I've just got a free Virgin Media sim card on my new broadband deal which is based on EE. I was just wondering if I might get better reception on that, it's been something that's really annoyed me for years. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/08/2020 at 21:30, sidcow said:

I am on O2 and I get almost zero data reception at Villa Park on match day.  But I've just got a free Virgin Media sim card on my new broadband deal which is based on EE. I was just wondering if I might get better reception on that, it's been something that's really annoyed me for years. 

Virgin will move from using EE to using Vodafone in 2021.

Saying that, aren't Virgin and O2 merging? That might change things again. 

On 16/08/2020 at 21:30, sidcow said:

You are unlikely to be in a full Villa Park for at least 12 months and all the networks might have changed things by then. It's more important that you have coverage at home, work and places you go to frequently.

Both EE and 3 worked for me at VP.

• 4 months later...

Ok, so I know a bit about the mobile networks at VP.

Voda have a basic system installed in the stands, should allow a lot of users to browse data during peak times, don't expect lightning fast speeds though.

EE & 3 currently using a small streetworks type pole on Witton Lane. Only suitable for a few hundred users max. Its completely swamped on match day and provides a terrible customer experience. Internet browsing virtually impossible at half time. BUT....EE are currently putting a 4/5G system into the stands with a couple of gigabit connections, huge antennas in 2 corners of the stadium, once up and running should provide excellent coverage and data speeds for EE customers and any network that piggybacks EE's network.

Â