Draft Fantasy Football 2020-21

tomsky_11

On 28/09/2020 at 09:19, Demitri_C said:

Yeah its abit crap. Only assits and goals get u +points.

Assuming the scoring is the same as in the normal game there are also bonus points for the 3 best players in the game, based on all sorts of criteria.

But shots that hit the bar or post are off target so I doubt they contribute to that much

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

League 1 looking kind-of-symmetrical-but-kind-of-not as we head into the run in:

draft.jpg

Seem to have split into three groups, with the top 3 still with a realistic chance of winning (including the weekly average :crylaugh:), a very tight battle for the crucial 4th-6th finishes, and a bottom 2. 7th can still catch, but a big job as it's a 5 game swing. 'Just' a 4 game swing for 8th to catch 7th in the battle to avoid relegation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

League 1 looking kind-of-symmetrical-but-kind-of-not as we head into the run in:

draft.jpg

Seem to have split into three groups, with the top 3 still with a realistic chance of winning (including the weekly average :crylaugh:), a very tight battle for the crucial 4th-6th finishes, and a bottom 2. 7th can still catch, but a big job as it's a 5 game swing. 'Just' a 4 game swing for 8th to catch 7th in the battle to avoid relegation.

Why is 4th to 6th crucial? 

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That might have been sarcastic. 

Couldn't remember where we'd set the relegation zone. If it was bottom 2 or 4.

Note to self... view every post Hanoi makes from now on as sarcastic just in case! 

• Haha 1

Having an absolute mare.  Spending my early picks on Trent, Werner hasn't exactly paid off... And then for some reason I thought it was a good idea to follow up with Alli and Pepe. Suffice to say I deserve to go down,  although hopefully I can scrape together some wins to beat the 17 pts from our relegation season 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eak94 said:

Having an absolute mare.  Spending my early picks on Trent, Werner hasn't exactly paid off... And then for some reason I thought it was a good idea to follow up with Alli and Pepe. Suffice to say I deserve to go down,  although hopefully I can scrape together some wins to beat the 17 pts from our relegation season 😛

Having a misfiring striker is such a blow. It's so much harder than midfielders because most teams play with only one striker, and lots of strikers have anyway been classed as midfielders (Rashford? Aubameyang?), so there's very little unpicked quality. Picking Aguero in the draft has proven to be my downfall as well, haven't been able to get 3 decent strikers at any stage and nobody even bought anyone interesting in January either.

On 09/02/2021 at 08:16, Rds1983 said:

Couldn't remember where we'd set the relegation zone. If it was bottom 2 or 4.

Note to self... view every post Hanoi makes from now on as sarcastic just in case! 

Bottom 2 for relegation, so yeah the league 2 promotion hunt a bit more open than the relegation battle as it stands

• 1 month later...

I hate H2H leagues. I've scored 2nd most in the league but from H2H I'm only 4th and have 100 points more than Average but their 2nd and 8 points (3 wins) ahead of me. Maybe next season will be better. 

• 2 months later...

Snuck into 3rd ahead of Lancs Villans on the final day :D:

h2h.jpg

@Rds1983 did end up being a bit unlucky, scoring the 2nd highest number of points and finishing 5th. Average was the main beneficiary.

Anyway, it was good fun, and I at least was playing it right to the end, even if nobody else was :D

Looking forward to next season!

• Like 2