Draft Fantasy Football 2020-21

tomsky_11

Site launched yesterday so we should probably set up the leagues and start to arrange draft dates.

Assuming everyone who played last season is in, after promotion/relegation the leagues for this season will be as below:

VT League 1

@Demitri_C @Rds1983 @skarroki@lp_villa830@HanoiVillan @chappy @Eak94@LancsVillan

VT League 2

@tomsky_11 @Hornso @rhyscartwright_avfc@avfcDJ@kurtsimonw@Dante_Lockhart@maqroll@Fowlersrs@villaluke @AndyM3000

Players marked * are still to confirm for next season I think, so could you please say if you are in for this season.

Also need a volunteer to set up the VT1 league as I’m no longer in it! @villaluke do you want to set up VT2 again or shall I?

Lastly, everyone happy to continue with head to head League or think we should change to classic?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Head to head for me. Otherwise it benefits those who can draft first to too large an extent. 

H2H is fine by me but not sure I agree drafting first is that big an advantage as you then have to wait 16 odd rounds before picking again. Think I prefer being 4/5th as it balances out, you can still get a top, top player but also pick frequently and might just grab another star. 

Just now, Rds1983 said:

H2H is fine by me but not sure I agree drafting first is that big an advantage as you then have to wait 16 odd rounds before picking again. Think I prefer being 4/5th as it balances out, you can still get a top, top player but also pick frequently and might just grab another star. 

Yeah i dont think it benefits you either its porbbaly best being around 3rd

7 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Site launched yesterday so we should probably set up the leagues and start to arrange draft dates.

Assuming everyone who played last season is in, after promotion/relegation the leagues for this season will be as below:

VT League 1

@Demitri_C @Rds1983 @skarroki@lp_villa830@HanoiVillan @chappy @Eak94@LancsVillan

VT League 2

@tomsky_11 @Hornso @rhyscartwright_avfc@avfcDJ@kurtsimonw@Dante_Lockhart@maqroll@Fowlersrs@villaluke @AndyM3000

Also need a volunteer to set up the VT1 league as I’m no longer in it! @villaluke

I think Dems prize for winning should be to set the league up 😉

31 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

VT League 1

VT League 2

Players marked * are still to confirm for next season I think, so could you please say if you are in for this season.

Also need a volunteer to set up the VT1 league as I’m no longer in it! @villaluke do you want to set up VT2 again or shall I?

Lastly, everyone happy to continue with head to head League or think we should change to classic?

I’m in for head to head. Glad I’m in a league with Hornso as he’s awful and deserves a beating.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I think Dems prize for winning should be to set the league up 😉

I have a title to defend. But what i can do is create a excel page with winners runners up and relegations/promotions?

Might be good to look up in 5 years time! Have a FL draft villa talk history archive

Edited by Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

More that it's harder on the person drafting last. I think I went last last season, and there was very little left in terms of the 100-150 pointers. In head to head, you can get around that by building a better *team*, even if you don't have a Sterling/De Bruyne/Salah type. In regular play, if you don't get any of those players, there's very little way to catch up.

43 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

More that it's harder on the person drafting last. I think I went last last season, and there was very little left in terms of the 100-150 pointers. In head to head, you can get around that by building a better *team*, even if you don't have a Sterling/De Bruyne/Salah type. In regular play, if you don't get any of those players, there's very little way to catch up.

Yeah, that's fair, however it does give you chance to pick two in quick succession which helps with team building and getting the 7th and 8th best is potentially as good as the 1st and 16th is you choose well. 

42 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

The only issue with the drafting system is how the trades work. If someone gets signed at the end of Sept, which is possible now, who gets them? First come first serve? 

It's whoever is lowest in the league who has bid for them, kinda like American drafts, the worst picks first. 

20 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

VT League 1

VT League 2

I should say as well if anyone not in last year's leagues wants to join then more than welcome.