EE Mobile WIFI units - help required

Follyfoot

My old folks have not got broadband so I pay for one of the above with 100GB of memory an month for their Now TV and other devices and have done so for ages. Usually they use 30 to 50MB a month and it resets to 100GB each 15th of the month. However this month has used 135GB and 30 GB in just one day. They have not doing anything different  so how easy are these things to piggyback onto and are there any other fail safes other than changing the password which has not helped, EE have not got  a clue either  

Edited by Follyfoot

25 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

My old folks have not got broadband so I pay for one of the above with 100GB of memory an month for their Now TV and other devices and have done so for ages. Usually they use 30 to 50MB a month and it resets to 100GB each 15th of the month. However this month has used 135GB and 30 GB in just one day. They have not doing anything different  so how easy are these things to piggyback onto and are there any other fail safes other than changing the password which has not helped, EE have not got  a clue either  

I don’t know now tv but is there any chance they might have increased the picture quality and are streaming at a much higher level than previously. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I don’t know now tv but is there any chance they might have increased the picture quality and are streaming at a much higher level than previously. 

Will have a look, thank you for the lead 

16 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Or the old man has discovered xhamster?! 

If he has and is at his age I will up the wifi to unlimited data 

Edited by Follyfoot

7 hours ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Or the old man has discovered xhamster?! 

That was my initial thought. I remember a friend's mum being hit with a massive phone bill when him and his brother were teenagers that they got a full interrogation about. No one believed it wasn't them until a month or two down the line it turned out their step-dad's 80 year old father who'd been staying with them had discovered saucy phone chats.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

Â