Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

42 minutes ago, John said:

That was brilliant though. wasn't it? (Tyrone at Witton & Bournemouth stations): 

image.jpeg.227d0c3c136383ca24968576c8b54b20.jpeg image.jpeg.13bbcceeb9ab6653a3e4be0e41104586.jpeg

Yeah on reflection I only want players who do that. Prove your love or we don’t want you! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's directed at no one in particular pal, but I don't know what some fans are expecting when the team have not even returned to training yet. The general consensus.

As for credible links, Newspapers.. social media.. ITK wannabes.. Websites.. is their actually any credible links behind any of what is generally classed as a "source" most of the time?

I will admit, some of what I have posted during the duration of this thread could be put into the same basket, granted. It's take it or leave it stuff.

Though it's no different to what Mr Preece has done today with his copy and paste effort into his "simmering deals" article. Where did he get his "credible links"?  My guess.. VillaTalk.

I'd have thought we had enough clever posters on here and realise by now in this modern day that sources of info come from anywhere now.

One example: I had someone last year reveal the Villa Kit to me before most staff at Villa or posters on this forum had even seen it. I respected his/her wishes by not saying one word or even showing it to anyone. However, it didn't come with any link or any fancy credible source to make me question the genuinity of it or validate it's authenticity from the said person giving me that info in the first place.

Often it's good things that come in the tiny suprise packages.

Hope that clears things up. Rant over.

:flag:

⬆️⬆️⬆️ He knows, you know. ⬆️⬆️⬆️

We're setting ourselves up for disappointment, followed by a year of posts about what we should have done, followed by someone out because we didn't do it

And all the while never actually knowing what it is that we've done behind the scenes... We might not even be interested in him (immediately insert step 2 "we should"...) 

I'm sure villa are a much harder sell for rashica than RB. On the face of it we are a team who only got promoted last year and stayed up by the skin of our teeth. Rashica has just barely survived relegation on the last day with his current club and probably doesn't fancy having to do it all again. Villa will probably be having to share the message of their vision and ambition to any potential new player to make us more appealing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yeah on reflection I only want players who do that. Prove your love or we don’t want you! 

We have our eyes on the ground Dave, eagerly awaiting snappung photos of Tammy casually walking through St. Pancras in the new Villa Kit before catching the train to New St to sign for us!    :D

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What does that even mean? It’s like when you go for a job interview and the interviewer says “why do you want to work for this company?” and you have reel off some facts from their website and make it sound like it fascinates you.  It doesn’t, it’s better money and hopefully a better job...the company means nothing apart from the select few that get their dream jobs or a wow company.

Generally time with that company brings with it affection for that company and same with football and until then professionalism prevails in your work ethic.  The likes of Merse and co have fondness for us because they played for us and probably hadn’t cared about us beforehand.

I know it's crazy talk, but a lot of people love their skillset, field of science, are highly motivated, want to achieve something and got plenty of ambition. People who are just after a paycheck are generally the ones you need/want to eliminate. 

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We're setting ourselves up for disappointment, followed by a year of posts about what we should have done, followed by someone out because we didn't do it

And all the while never actually knowing what it is that we've done behind the scenes... We might not even be interested in him (immediately insert step 2 "we should"...) 

We've been linked to him a long time, it shows to me how difficult signing your first choice players is and how Suso got a bit of a hard time for the calibre of players he got in.  I'm still hopeful that we are in with a great chance of signing Rashica.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AgentO said:

This is the view from Germany: Rashica is going to leave Werder this transfer window. There is credible interest from Villa. There is credible interest from Leipzig. All things being equal he probably prefers playing CL. Unless, perhaps, you pile on the money. So pile on the money! Pile it on! 

By the way, he's worth it. His skills are made for the PL.

You are Ashley Preece and I claim my £5.00   :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Brilliant mate so he’s coming and it’s happening. Do you think it will be next week

Until we agree personal terms it could be longer than next week...

Edited by AvfcRigo82

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I know it's crazy talk, but a lot of people love their skillset, field of science, are highly motivated, want to achieve something and got plenty of ambition. People who are just after a paycheck are generally the ones you need/want to eliminate. 

I understand a lot of players are just in it for the paycheck but I don't think that's the case with Rashica. He seems a good guy. It's understandable that his first choice is Leipzig, they're Champions League semi finalists and we survived by 1 point. You can't blame him for that. Also he's apparently quite settled in Germany with a young family. I've got no issue with us being his second choice and if he does end up here it doesn't mean it's just for money. He's not that type of player. He's a hard working, team player and a good pro. Also seems a decent guy as he apparently donates used trainers and boots to youngsters in his native Kosovo. I think he's got his head screwed on right. If he had no interest in us at all, I'm sure his agent wouldn't even be talking to us. It's not like we'll be doubling the wages he'd be on at Leipzig anyway.

I get your point about the Drinkwater type players and absolutely they should be avoided. But this isn't the case here.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Blimely over 75 pages on a bloke who may or may not who move to us. I think we spent less on debating if Ashley Westwood was a good player or not for four years. 

Someone needs to show Rashica this Villa Talk thread.

Almost 80 pages in 5 days!...

Paul McGrath's thread is only 8 pages!

in 5 years!...   And he's an all time Villa Legend!

Writing is on the wall Milot.

Spoiler

I wonder, has the RB Leipzig Forum got a Rashica thread and if so, is it 80 pages long in the space of 5 days?... 🤔

44 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am all of the first sentence but do I care what company it is with.....No!

When I have been advancing in my career was the next step to go to the biggest company or go to the right next company?  I left Ericsson 15 years ago and moved to a small listed company because it was the right move that would allow more exposure and growth rather than lost in the big Ericsson machine.  The move advanced my career substantially.

Sometimes jumping from step one to step five is not the right thing, sometimes going through the steps is better.

47 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

First of all, as wonderful as that would be, I’d be willing to bet that’s not the reality for most people. Lots of people hate their jobs or see it as a means to an end, whether that’s as a source of money to do the things they really want, or as a stepping stone along the way to their own career ambitions.

But that’s beside the point, really. You’re applying real world logic to professional football at the highest level - the two rarely mix.

We don’t know what this player’s motivations are, but let’s say it’s safe to assume that most professional footballers dream of playing in the Champion’s League. Does that mean that we only try to recruit players without that ambition since we can’t offer it at the moment? Of course not, that would be stupid. So instead we identify our own selling points (one of those being money) and try to sell the vision of where we are now and where we want to be in the next few years.

And anyways, a lot of players also aspire to play in the Premier League, so perhaps that’s another of this player’s ambitions. You’re allowed to have more than one.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3