Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yes, a Kosovan journalist who personally knows Rashica reopened that Villa are in advanced talks with Bremen to sign him, but that he also has other clubs as options.

Covering a lot bases there. 

I mean that could apply to Watkins, benrahma,  to name 2.

I'd be amazed (though pleased) if this guy is a villa player next season.

54 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's directed at no one in particular pal, but I don't know what some fans are expecting when the team have not even returned to training yet. The general consensus.

As for credible links, Newspapers.. social media.. ITK wannabes.. Websites.. is their actually any credible links behind any of what is generally classed as a "source" most of the time?

I will admit, some of what I have posted during the duration of this thread could be put into the same basket, granted. It's take it or leave it stuff.

Though it's no different to what Mr Preece has done today with his copy and paste effort into his "simmering deals" article. Where did he get his "credible links"?  My guess.. VillaTalk.

I'd have thought we had enough clever posters on here and realise by now in this modern day that sources of info come from anywhere now.

One example: I had someone last year reveal the Villa Kit to me before most staff at Villa or posters on this forum had even seen it. I respected his/her wishes by not saying one word or even showing it to anyone. However, it didn't come with any link or any fancy credible source to make me question the genuinity of it or validate it's authenticity from the said person giving me that info in the first place.

Often it's good things that come in the tiny suprise packages.

Hope that clears things up. Rant over.

:flag:

Ok substitute "sources with a track record "for "credible links"

Personally I hope the club is working on deals that take a little longer because the players are more sought after. If that's this guy then fine.

But I haven't seen anything in the past 70 odd pages to suggest a deal is close for this guy. 

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Covering a lot bases there. 

I mean that could apply to Watkins, benrahma,  to name 2.

I'd be amazed (though pleased) if this guy is a villa player next season.

It's about as credible of a link you could get. Certainly more credible than "Sky Sports understands" at least.

• Like 1

Time this club stopped throwing money at the wrong players. We can probably offer more than Leipzig on both fee and wages, but if the player doesn't have his heart in playing for us, then it's time to move on. Next target please.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

To question the credibility of sources is one thing, to expect to know what is in the heart/mind of a player that none of us really know anything about is crazy. Do we now expect to only sign players who are doing a Mings and walking around train stations in full Villa kit?

No, but I didn't say that either did I? 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Time this club stopped throwing money at the wrong players. We can probably offer more than Leipzig on both fee and wages, but if the player doesn't have his heart in playing for us, then it's time to move on. Next target please.  

Wrong player??

this is undoubtedly a player who would improve our first team no doubt and confirms the clubs intention to progress.

yes, we may get knocked back but we’re showing ambition to sign the right players.

I’d rather these links than say going for another Lansbury type who will make no difference to the squad but would jump at the chance to sign for us. 

• Like 1

He can have all the talent in the world, but if he has no interest in playing for us and the only motivation to relocate to Brum is a paycheck, then I'd prefer we stay clear. And based on what the germans are saying, that's what it sounds like. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

if the player doesn't have his heart in playing for us, then it's time to move on. Next target please.  

It sounds like you’re certainly at least expecting that a player must have his heart set on playing for us to be considered. In an ideal world maybe but we need to be realistic. It’s reasonable to expect that once a player signs for us he will give his all because he’s a professional and we’re paying him huge amounts of money. We now appear to have a recruitment team that looks closely into a player's character and we would be able to avoid those players that don’t have the type of mentality to play for the team to the very best of their ability, for whatever reason  

There will be battles to sign players that all teams will go through in every transfer window. The successful club will have presented the player with the most appealing package overall. You won’t be shocked to hear that money will be a significant factor! 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He can have all the talent in the world, but if he has no interest in playing for us and the only motivation to relocate to Brum is a paycheck, then I'd prefer we stay clear. And based on what the germans are saying, that's what it sounds like. 

I imagine City had to pay Robinho a fair bit to get him to join them. I'm not saying he's at Robinho's level, or that it's the answer, but the alternative eventually is going to be a random guy nobody has heard of, or a signing from the Championship.

This is the first time in years we've been strongly linked to a player from abroad who actually has a high profile in football. Who was the last? Van Deer Vaart? If we want to step up we're going to be competing with teams who are currently much more established than we are and who are 100% going to be bigger draws than we are for these players. We'll have to throw a bit of money at it. 

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's directed at no one in particular pal, but I don't know what some fans are expecting when the team have not even returned to training yet. The general consensus.

As for credible links, Newspapers.. social media.. ITK wannabes.. Websites.. is their actually any credible links behind any of what is generally classed as a "source" most of the time?

I will admit, some of what I have posted during the duration of this thread could be put into the same basket, granted. It's take it or leave it stuff.

Though it's no different to what Mr Preece has done today with his copy and paste effort into his "simmering deals" article. Where did he get his "credible links"?  My guess.. VillaTalk.

I'd have thought we had enough clever posters on here and realise by now in this modern day that sources of info come from anywhere now.

One example: I had someone last year reveal the Villa Kit to me before most staff at Villa or posters on this forum had even seen it. I respected his/her wishes by not saying one word or even showing it to anyone. However, it didn't come with any link or any fancy credible source to make me question the genuinity of it or validate it's authenticity from the said person giving me that info in the first place.

Often it's good things that come in the tiny suprise packages.

Hope that clears things up. Rant over.

:flag:

Brilliant mate so he’s coming and it’s happening. Do you think it will be next week