Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

going OT - in typical English fashion I blame them ;) 

no one wants to speak pigeon german with me, not even my wife, I tend to get outnumbered by the people who want to practice a higher level of English, I can walk in to a bakerei and order bread and stuff (took me months to learn how to walk in to kamps and say rosinenschnecke like a pro - one for our new mates :D ) but every time they get even the slightest sniff of me being English they'll flip the conversation to English and it'll be perfect too, its amazing how many shop workers can speak perfect English and enjoy doing so, its also surprising that the place that I've probably experienced the biggest lack of English is the hospital when my daughter was born

but then in all seriousness it is our own fault but not necessarily in the way you would expect, putting the arrogance and the need for a 2nd language aside we have comparatively easy grammar making English easier to learn, some of the grammar here is mind blowing and that's before you get in to there being about 14 different scenarios of what word you use for words like "you"

we get taught i am = ich bin so i am happy = ich bin glucklich but then also I am hungry = ich habe hunger, I am cold = mir ist kalt....get in the sea with that shit, there are times when I genuinely feel like the German language is laughing at me

I get your first paragraph to be fair.

When I was learning Spanish (I still speak a bit) I had a couple of trips to Barcelona expecting to be able to do loads of Spanish speaking. Nope. Hardly anything. It would usually be me starting with a sentence of Spanish, them realising immediately that I was english and replying in perfect english. Then you feel kinda stupid carrying on in bad Spanish.

In Madrid and Seville there were far far less English speakers so it was better there, but I know the exact kind of thing you're talking about.

But yeah, it's definitely our fault really.

I work with lots of Italians and they all speak English because, in their own words, "Nobody else in the world speaks our **** language so we need to learn another one"
In fact most of them speak Fluent French as well. It's quite embarrassing to be honest. I've been in meetings as the only english person with Italian and French people in it and they all have to speak English because of me :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not inspired by this signing. It follows the same path as a few of our recent signings from abroad . Reading the feedback from the fans who watched him last season and it seems he struggled to settle at the start and finished the season  poorly........

From Germany to the UK is a big leap and the price appears to be inflated by the comments as well.

I hoping that both clubs are using the storey to flush out Liepzig in their case and Brentford in ours . 

On another point I wonder if this is a player who has been followed for some time by our old scouting team or is it one that the news team has pin pointed and has met their criteria .UTV 

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

I'm not inspired by this signing. It follows the same path as a few of our recent signings from abroad . Reading the feedback from the fans who watched him last season and it seems he struggled to settle at the start and finished the season  poorly........

From Germany to the UK is a big leap and the price appears to be inflated by the comments as well.

I hoping that both clubs are using the storey to flush out Liepzig in their case and Brentford in ours . 

On another point I wonder if this is a player who has been followed for some time by our old scouting team or is it one that the news team has pin pointed and has met their criteria .UTV 

He struggled to settle when he first joined in January 2018, not at the start of this season. This season he was absolutely on fire.

The leap from the Bundesliga to the Premier League is not as big as you think. It's a quality league. And he's a quality player who would be absolutely perfect for us. I really hope the transfer goes through.

Edited by Okonokos

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

Sorry you're not inspired but this would be a real statement signing for us.

Sadly I'm still not quite buying it...

8 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I think Rashica is gone either way. Wether it’s us or someone else thats what we want to know. But thanks for that.

Its interesting to have players from new football nations, now we had attention from Egypt, Zimbabwe and Tanzania. 

I’m not a regular tv watcher, but the amount of times some Arabic news channels mentioned Trezeguet goals were huge. SkynewsArabia for example mentioned it couple of times. I imagine that Egyptian channel more. Same goes with Zimbabwe and Tanzania as we arguably had their best players in history.

If we add Kosovo to those (with Rashica being a big improvement in what we have) then I think we’re adding to our world fanbase. 

I’ve been here for around 10 years, the club has been getting worse and worse, but the amount of love gets more and more. I’m glad that I had been living with the club in all of these hard years. Now we feel the relief and look forward. 
We’re a small fanbase in the Arabian region, yet for example the amount of friends congratulating me either when we got promoted or staying up were huge. Many told me that we got excited by your passion. A Man Utd fan (who supports my local team), said I’ve been splitting my nerves between their game with Leicester and ours with West Ham. 

Sorry for getting out of topic but found myself just writing.

Also Kosovo is about the only country in the world that actually likes the English/British.  It was quite heartwarming watching the way they welcomed the England team and fans when we played them recently so having one of their best players playing for us I'm sure will mean we get a fair few new fans.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

going OT - in typical English fashion I blame them ;) 

no one wants to speak pigeon german with me, not even my wife, I tend to get outnumbered by the people who want to practice a higher level of English, I can walk in to a bakerei and order bread and stuff (took me months to learn how to walk in to kamps and say rosinenschnecke like a pro - one for our new mates :D ) but every time they get even the slightest sniff of me being English they'll flip the conversation to English and it'll be perfect too, its amazing how many shop workers can speak perfect English and enjoy doing so, its also surprising that the place that I've probably experienced the biggest lack of English is the hospital when my daughter was born

but then in all seriousness it is our own fault but not necessarily in the way you would expect, putting the arrogance and the need for a 2nd language aside we have comparatively easy grammar making English easier to learn, some of the grammar here is mind blowing and that's before you get in to there being about 14 different scenarios of what word you use for words like "you"

we get taught i am = ich bin so i am happy = ich bin glucklich but then also I am hungry = ich habe hunger, I am cold = mir ist kalt....get in the sea with that shit, there are times when I genuinely feel like the German language is laughing at me

*laughs in Polish*

10 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

This thread is going big, I wonder how many posts we have had ahead of a player not signing for us? 

what’s the record ? 

Surely it must have been Wesley Sneijder during Julie's first breakdown. That one seemed to go on for months.

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I work with lots of Italians and they all speak English because, in their own words, "Nobody else in the world speaks our **** language so we need to learn another one"
In fact most of them speak Fluent French as well. It's quite embarrassing to be honest. I've been in meetings as the only english person with Italian and French people in it and they all have to speak English because of me :D 

Same here. I started learning Italian a few years ago. But you should travel to the south of Italy. That's an experience to put it mildly. The engineers from around Rome and the north speak English, but in the south it's like walking into 1632. I ended up in the hospital in Lecce and had to explain everything to 5 doctors in Italian, cause NO **** in that hospital spoke English and I'm not even joking. 

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I get your first paragraph to be fair.

When I was learning Spanish (I still speak a bit) I had a couple of trips to Barcelona expecting to be able to do loads of Spanish speaking. Nope. Hardly anything. It would usually be me starting with a sentence of Spanish, them realising immediately that I was english and replying in perfect english. Then you feel kinda stupid carrying on in bad Spanish.

In Madrid and Seville there were far far less English speakers so it was better there, but I know the exact kind of thing you're talking about.

But yeah, it's definitely our fault really.

I spent 18 months in Italy, near Turin, back in the 80s. I was useless at languages at school but after about 3 or 4 months I’d picked it up pretty well. I suppose I learnt it like a child learns to first speak, you’re just surrounded by it and it’s slowly sinking in.

I ended up teaching English at a language school but I’m sure I learnt more Italian from the students, who were all adults, than they ever learnt English! Most of them already spoke English but their companies paid for them to improve for business reasons. 

English is so widely spoken the motivation/necessity to learn another language just isn’t there for us. I’m glad now that I learnt Italian though. 

• Like 1

Actually now I live in The Highlands I find some of my neighbours and especially people from he north east coast around Aberdeen, much more difficult to understand than the Italians were!! The local dialect is called Doric and when I first met my wife, who’s family are from the north east, she bought me a Doric/English phrase book!!

27 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Aberdeen, much more difficult to understand than the Italians were!! The local dialect is called Doric and when I first met my wife, who’s family are from the north east, she bought me a Doric/English phrase book!!

I once worked with folk many years ago who were all originally from various parts of Scotland. Generally easy enough to understand them (my old man was from Glasgow - McGrath rest his soul) but I found the folk from Aberdeen a little more difficult to understand. As a whole though, great people and a great part of the world you're in up there Dave.

If Norfolk wasn't such a pull for me I would definately be looking at taking a leaf out of your book and heading for the hills and towards the highlands.

Currently situated in Cheshire we won't go any further with accents I have to put up with round here. :D

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Haha 1