Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

Very excited if we pull this off (*waits for obligatory Kenneth Williams pic) but also apprehensive that it will happen - I always feel our signings come totally unexpected but fingers crossed we get this one over the line.

I will be honest I have only seen him play one full 90 against England and basing the excitement on YouTube clips (I know, I know..) but he looks accomplished, versatile, quick turn of pace, can strike a ball and to be honest we all know how desperate we are to add quality to our attack, this guy certainly looks to have the tools to do so - Here's hoping 🙏 

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Most of Europe put us to shame with their ability to speak more than one language :( 

going OT - in typical English fashion I blame them ;) 

no one wants to speak pigeon german with me, not even my wife, I tend to get outnumbered by the people who want to practice a higher level of English, I can walk in to a bakerei and order bread and stuff (took me months to learn how to walk in to kamps and say rosinenschnecke like a pro - one for our new mates :D ) but every time they get even the slightest sniff of me being English they'll flip the conversation to English and it'll be perfect too, its amazing how many shop workers can speak perfect English and enjoy doing so, its also surprising that the place that I've probably experienced the biggest lack of English is the hospital when my daughter was born

but then in all seriousness it is our own fault but not necessarily in the way you would expect, putting the arrogance and the need for a 2nd language aside we have comparatively easy grammar making English easier to learn, some of the grammar here is mind blowing and that's before you get in to there being about 14 different scenarios of what word you use for words like "you"

we get taught i am = ich bin so i am happy = ich bin glucklich but then also I am hungry = ich habe hunger, I am cold = mir ist kalt....get in the sea with that shit, there are times when I genuinely feel like the German language is laughing at me

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

going OT - in typical English fashion I blame them ;) 

no one wants to speak pigeon german with me, not even my wife, I tend to get outnumbered by the people who want to practice a higher level of English, I can walk in to a bakerei and order bread and stuff (took me months to learn how to walk in to kamps and say rosinenschnecke like a pro - one for our new mates :D ) but every time they get even the slightest sniff of me being English they'll flip the conversation to English and it'll be perfect too, its amazing how many shop workers can speak perfect English and enjoy doing so, its also surprising that the place that I've probably experienced the biggest lack of English is the hospital when my daughter was born

but then in all seriousness it is our own fault but not necessarily in the way you would expect, putting the arrogance and the need for a 2nd language aside we have comparatively easy grammar making English easier to learn, some of the grammar here is mind blowing and that's before you get in to there being about 14 different scenarios of what word you use for words like "you"

we get taught i am = ich bin so i am happy = ich bin glucklich but then also I am hungry = ich habe hunger, I am cold = mir ist kalt....get in the sea with that shit, there are times when I genuinely feel like the German language is laughing at me

As long as you don't say "ich bin warm" when it's a bit hot out then you're alright!😄

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Having just consulted my two teenage sons they say the Fee of 30 million is a snip And he is very much like Jack Grealish in respect it was him that kept his club afloat in the top league this season. On that basis I am in

Spot on. You know what they say, employ a teenager while they still know everything 😎

you're waiting for a move to a big club.  no ones playing ball on the asking price.  you're mates a sports journalist.  what do you do to try and force the issue.  sorry I hate myself for posting this.  

it's actually worse than that though.  if you're in negotiations with a club you want to join and that club are known for insisting on keeping things quiet what don't i do.

• Like 2

Experience tells me to be very cautious about this. I'm not convinced, I still think our name is being used to help flush out more money elsewhere maybe. ITSOTP as we say. Obviously, will be delighted to be wrong, but I'm still not sure there's anything in it, the ITK's might be fed a bit of info to get it out there. 

But hopefully I'm completely wide of the mark

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was just thinking about big unexpected signings and I do wonder how the hell Boro managed to sign Juninho and Ravenlli! 

Cold hard cash

24 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Because this is Aston Villa, one of two things will happen...

A) a bigger club will come in for him last minute.

B ) we'll get this signing over the line and all excitement will vanish with the news that Jack is off.

Looks like Liepzig are currently the bigger team, champions league semi finalists.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Seems like every Premier League club has plenty of it these days! 

Funny story from back  then, it is alleged that Ravanelli ripped out the fireplace and fire from his rented mock Tudor mansion in Middlesbrough when he left and took them with him 

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was just thinking about big unexpected signings and I do wonder how the hell Boro managed to sign Juninho and Ravenlli! 

And how they still managed to get relegated that season after reaching  and losing both Cup finals.

The original 'doing a Fulham'

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Very excited if we pull this off (*waits for obligatory Kenneth Williams pic) but also apprehensive that it will happen - I always feel our signings come totally unexpected but fingers crossed we get this one over the line.

...this guy certainly looks to have the tool

spacer.png

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Villastine said:

And how they still managed to get relegated that season after reaching  and losing both Cup finals.

The original 'doing a Fulham'

Because they got a points deduction for not playing a game with a bug going through the club. Would have stayed up without it