Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just clicked on the same link and it says she’s in Walsall! 

Anyway back to Rashica.  We signed him yet?

You won't believe who lives in Walsall....😉. Das ist Gut ya!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

So true. It's kind of embarrassing really.

It's not embarrassing- a high % of the world speaks English. If it isn't youre native tongue - then you can see the value in learning it.

But we already speak it -so there isn't the same need to learn another language. If there was I'm sure we would.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Capture7.JPG.c4809343d14d9394b4bc7d39e6f4bbbb.JPG

Think again 😂

In my experience the Germans generally have very good English and are really accommodating with it too👍 I like these Werder lads, hopefully we'll see them at a pre season friendly again at some point.

• Like 1

This takes me back to when we were rumoured to be signing Darren Bent from Sunderland and I called them ‘stripes tombola wallies’ because of their kit and sponsor, and they quoted me on their forum :lol:

Greetings to all the Werder Bremen fans. I’m afraid I can’t adopt you as my German team as I already adopted Hertha Berlin whilst on a Berlin stag do. But you’re welcome here, and welcome to join us in supporting the mighty Villa :D

1 minute ago, hippo said:

It's not embarrassing- a high % of the world speaks English. If it isn't youre native tongue - then you can see the value in learning it.

But we already speak it -so there isn't the same need to learn another language. If there was I'm sure we would.

Oui oui

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

This takes me back to when we were rumoured to be signing Darren Bent from Sunderland and I called them ‘stripes tombola wallies’ because of their kit and sponsor, and they quoted me on their forum :lol:

Greetings to all the Werder Bremen fans. I’m afraid I can’t adopt you as my German team as I already adopted Hertha Berlin whilst on a Berlin stag do. But you’re welcome here, and welcome to join us in supporting the mighty Villa :D

I remember that night well. Thing is we had rock solid itk from mystery man ...at that stage pretty much everything he said was correct....

Tonight we have a tweet from Grealish s drinking partner -which may or may not be serious !!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

I remember that night well. Thing is we had rock solid itk from mystery man ...at that stage pretty much everything he said was correct....

Tonight we have a tweet from Grealish s drinking partner -which may or may not be serious !!!!

We do have quite a bit more than that, to be fair. There's three ITK/WIPs on the Werder Bremen forum who claim a deal is at an advanced stage, the Kosovan journalist who has claimed the same thing (this is a guy who has been pictured with Rashica in the past so he clearly knows him) and then there was Nakamba's teasing Instragram picture the other day, which he turned the comments off. We've also been linked with him for a year. There were strong rumours we wanted him January. Smoke and fire.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

So true. It's kind of embarrassing really.

Not really. English is the global business language due to our past Empire / ex Empire (USA) Global dominance. 

It's the language of business AND popular culture. 

If German / French / Spanish / Norwegians had been that language we would all speak it with reasonable competence and the Germans / French / Spanish / Norwegians would all all be traipsing round the world speaking their native tongue slowly with a mock foreign accent embarrassed about how well everyone else can speak their language but they were completely ignorant of the language of the country they are in. 

As an example of this because of the  K-pop phenomenon, a rare example of a non English speaking pop culture going massively mainstream, my daughter has spent time and energy to learn some Korean and has a smattering of understanding.  That goes on for 20 years (I think it might have died out already or she's just grow up a bit) and you have a generation of Korean fluent British people purely because of the music they like. 

It's not us being ignorant and everyone else clever. It's circumstance and necessity. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not really. English is the global business language due to our past Empire / ex Empire (USA) Global dominance. 

It's the language of business AND popular culture. 

If German / French / Spanish / Norwegians had been that language we would all speak it with reasonable competence and the Germans / French / Spanish / Norwegians would all all be traipsing round the world speaking their native tongue slowly with a mock foreign accent embarrassed about how well everyone else can speak their language but they were completely ignorant of the language of the country they are in. 

As an example of this because of the  Kpop phenomenon, a rare example of a non English speaking pop culture going massively mainstream my daughter has spent time and energy to learn some Korean and has a smattering of understanding.  That goes one for 20 years (I think it might have died out already or she's just grow up a bit) and you have a generation of Korean fluent British people purely because of the music they like. 

It's not us being ignorant and everyone else clever. It's circumstance and necessity. 

Good points. I kind of just meant when some Brits travel abroad and can be a bit arrogant and expect the locals to speak perfect English. I think it's good to make a bit of an effort to speak the local language.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

I feel you are rather overestimating my intelligence level. I can barely speak English what chance would I have of learning German? :)

3 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

Three minutes of highlights to liven up the waiting time. Seems a useful little player, which a bunch of big teams have wanted quite recently.

Going by that thumbnail, maybe we'll finally score some headers.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Haven't seen a head to body ratio that awkward since Scott Hogan.

Ok if he joins we all need to make a deal never ever to mention his out of sized head* :)

*insert Kenneth Williams gif here :)

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

25 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

I have trawled through 20 odd pages since I last looked at this. Loving the Bremen forum but why has no one picked up this emoji?!image.gif.9bad80f8523c11090e7998570c728770.gif

Seriously @limpid can we get this added to villatalk?!

Is that popcorn? If so - noooooooooooooo. It's English football not American.