Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

49 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Hopefully this doesn't spill down to deadline day!

May become a question of which club blinks first. 

WB obviously need new players and will want both time and money to achieve that. It's a question of how long they can afford to hold out and at what point Villa also need time to move on to alternative targets. 

4 hours ago, string28 said:

So risk playing him gets injured? Nope not gonna happen not in this day and age maybe years ago but not now. Money is at play so no way just like Watkins didnt play. If he plays he wont be coming to villa we would of moved on. Simple.

He’s already been injured. Id rather he does play to get himself back to being match fit for if/when he does sign considering our season is already underway.

3 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He’s already been injured. Id rather he does play to get himself back to being match fit for if/when he does sign considering our season is already underway.

Yep playing for Kosovo not WB. I keep saying the same thing it's about money if he plays he stays. Simple we would not be doing business with them just like Watkins didnt play just like benrahma hasn't played. If you are close to a deal just like BT when we made a offer and they rejected it he didnt play the match that week. Too much of a risk if you want to sell the player.

• 2 weeks later...

Transfer update: Werder would sell Rashica and Klaassen

The move from Davy Klaassen is getting closer, but Werder would even give up another top performer by Monday. The club is under great financial pressure. When Florian Kohfeldt asked his team for training in the stadium "11th place" on Thursday afternoon, there was no one who was in the focus at Werder in the past few weeks: Milot Rashica.

The 24-year-old Kosovar worked "purely regeneratively," as Kohfeldt later explained. Rashica had mainly trained individually this week and only occasionally with the team, so it is clear that he will not be on the field against Arminia Bielefeld on Saturday either.

The injury has healed, we are at the end of the rehab phase. But his fitness is not yet able to play in the Bundesliga.

Werder coach Florian Kohfeldt on Thursday

Werder probably want ten million euros for Klaassen

So it is now possible that Rashica will not appear for Werder at all, as the transfer period ends on Monday evening. But after the Premier League club Aston Villa has waved it off, there seems to be no serious offer for the winger. "There is no new stand," said sports director Frank Baumann on Thursday and added: "There are interested parties, but I cannot report anything more about the status of the negotiations."

Baumann officially confirmed the interest in Davy Klaassen. For days, rumors had been going on that Werder's most expensive transfer in the club's history wanted to change shortly before the end.

Davy can imagine Ajax, we are in contact with Amsterdam. We will not just let him go, however, only if our financial conditions are met.

Werder sports director Frank Baumann on Thursday

Kohfeldt can understand Klaassen's wish to change

So far there has been talk of ten million euros that Werder would like to see for leading player Klaassen. So far, according to reports in the "Bild" newspaper, the offer should only amount to seven million euros plus possible bonus payments of five million euros. That is not enough for Werder, although Baumann emphasized on Thursday: "The numbers are all wrong".

Klaassen is therefore firmly planned for the game against Bielefeld, it could be his last for Werder. Coach Kohfeldt would regret Klaassen's departure and he would "hurt a lot," he said. But Kohfeldt doesn't want to complain, he knows the club's financial constraints very well. "Davy was with me after the Schalke game, we spoke openly," explained Kohfeldt, "I can understand his wish. But it is by no means certain that he will go."

Werder under pressure - both players are for sale

Nevertheless, Werder is under enormous pressure. If neither Rashica nor Klaassen can be sold, the club has to go into debt and take out the next loan. A scenario that Werder actually has to avoid, with all the burdens that are still pending in the coming year. For example, with Davie Selke's purchase commitment for at least ten million euros. For this reason alone, Baumann does not rule out that both Rashica and Klaassen are sold.

There is the variant that two more players will leave us.

Werder sports director Frank Baumann on Thursday

https://www.butenunbinnen.de/sport/bundesliga-transfer-werder-rashica-klaassen-100.html

Came across this article tonight and thought rather than us clogging up the general transfer thread with Rashica posts, it might be time to open the thread again? It's beginning to look very likely he will be sold and I think we must still have an interest in him.

This article suggests that Werder might be more desperate for money than I thought. Interesting bits in are highlighted in red. Baumann has not ruled out selling both Klaassen and Rashica. If they are considering selling these two then they must really need the money. This would be like us selling Grealish and McGinn. This is why I'm still convinced Rashica will be sold.

The article states that Klaassen might go for a bit more than 7 million euros. I've done digging elsewhere and it seems Werder want 10 million up front. Maybe this might make up the difference between our offer for Rashica and what Werder want for him.

That last red line is a direct quote from Baumann today. I think he's basically expecting Rashica to be sold.

Hope it's okay to try and get this topic going again, mods. If people act a bit more grown up and post less of the fish puns, surely it's worth discussing?

• Like 3

How is that a new link? All it does is suggest that he is going to be sold, and we've known that all along. 

humor situation GIF by BestTech

Edited by av1

7 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

https://www.butenunbinnen.de/sport/bundesliga-transfer-werder-rashica-klaassen-100.html

Came across this article tonight and thought rather than us clogging up the general transfer thread with Rashica posts, it might be time to open the thread again? It's beginning to look very likely he will be sold and I think we must still have an interest in him.

This article suggests that Werder might be more desperate for money than I thought. Interesting bits in are highlighted in red. Baumann has not ruled out selling both Klaassen and Rashica. If they are considering selling these two then they must really need the money. This would be like us selling Grealish and McGinn. This is why I'm still convinced Rashica will be sold.

The article states that Klaassen might go for a bit more than 7 million euros. I've done digging elsewhere and it seems Werder want 10 million up front. Maybe this might make up the difference between our offer for Rashica and what Werder want.

surely it's worth discussing?

It's been said for a week or so now that Bremen would be playing with fire.

I think we might now start to see some developments.

• Like 1

Just now, Loxstock92 said:

What else do you know @AvfcRigo82 or are you waiting for the proper thread to be reopened? 😉

This will more than likely be merged I assume and as the OP states, if we keep this to the transfer and something else then no reason why it cannot continue.

It's an update of developments atleast.

• Thanks 2

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

This will more than likely be merged I assume and as the OP states, if we keep this to the transfer and something else then no reason why it cannot continue.

It's an update of developments atleast.

Here’s hoping it’s positive for us, you’ve kept me glued to this forum for weeks before I joined last week 😂😂

• Like 1